Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be seen and also heard. I already have the seen part. The heard part I use a bell and my voice. However what I want is some sort of whistler that I can attach somewhere on to my bike that when I start peddling it will make a whistle. I was thinking abbout using a Nerf football or w/e and take the whistles out. I know I would have to be going X about of speed for it to work. But I reach high speeds

Things I want to point out that I know about already

Using a card on the spokes.
using a bell or my voice or a airzond or any other electronic horn

Another thing I want is maybe some sort of wind powered.. toy..like a flower fan or w.e I just wantto pimp my bike

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
I want to be seen and also heard. I already have the seen part. The heard part I use a bell and my voice. However what I want is some sort of whistler that I can attach somewhere on to my bike that when I start peddling it will make a whistle. I was thinking abbout using a Nerf football or w/e and take the whistles out. I know I would have to be going X about of speed for it to work. But I reach high speeds

Things I want to point out that I know about already

Using a card on the spokes.
using a bell or my voice or a airzond or any other electronic horn

Another thing I want is maybe some sort of wind powered.. toy..like a flower fan or w.e I just wantto pimp my bike

Where do you ride so I may avoid this place?

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
591 Posts
Couldn't you just say "vroom, vroom" the whole time you're riding. It seems to work for my kid.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I dont care what nosies you make while your riding, just dont start pushing this on to other riders, like the noise makers on the electric car. Personally I like riding in silence or close to it. Any way, ya the beans and cabage would allow others to smell you coming as well. So you'd have 3 senses covered right there.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts

Dude, im DOWN with this. Super light weight, cheap, no big deal if they break and die on a ride.

Hrmmm, think i will pick up like 10 or so from a toy bin. Now i gota come up with mounting. I am thinking one plugged into each bar end.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A lot of beans and cabbage for lunch does the trick.

That, and Hope hubs.
And Sun Ringle hubs, are probably some of the noisiest hubs. Where I come from, a lot of MTBers try to duplicate the loud noise produced by these hubs as they are literally called "expensive gear sound".

Although not scientifically proven, these noisy hubs do attract a swarm of bees to attack. Seriously.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,554 Posts
I ran a set of those Italian made truck horns on my Surly Big Dummy cargobike. I overvolted the 12v compressor with 24v (series-parallel 4 mobility scooter batteries) and it was plenty LOUD.

However, a set of Nathan Airchimes does the trick quite nicely:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts