Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas Freaks...

it took a long time but now we`re done, ready to be my one christmas present, made from myself...

I have the frame for some month but had problems with finding the riight parts and after that we had some problems with the cranks and the brake cables..

But here he is...

Some of my friends name their bikes with girls names like Gina, Gladys or Edeltraut...

As none of my bikes has names yet I thought I might start with this oone...

He is called Heinz-Herrmann, and yes, that sounds funny in german as well...

Sycip 29er frame
Sycip segmented Fork
Chris King Headset
Thomson Elite Stem 5 x 120
Thomson Elite post 27.2x 410
Selle Italia Storika Saddle
The Cleg Disc Brakes
Phil Wood SLR Hubs 32h red anodized
Alex TD 17 Disc 29er Rims
Shimano XTR 180mm Crank with 46t
White Industries Freewheel 23t
Shadow Halflink Chain
Salsa Lock on Grips
IRC Mythos 29er Tires

I don`t know the weight because I`m not interested in that...

Fell free to tell me your opinion, not that I`d care that much, because I love it like this...

I have it since yesterday, and will hopefully have time to testride it the next days...can`t wait to...

·
mtbr member
249 Posts
Very, very nice

That is a sublime piece of work. The beautiful lines and tube diameters that could only be steel, a parts spec that is both classical (Phil hubs, XTR cranks, Thomson bits) and a little different (Cleg brakes). One of the nicest looking bikes I've seen in a long time, thrash it with pride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I wrote in my first post it was ready yesterday and I hopefully will have time to testride the next days...

Due to much work and christmas with my kids I will have to ride at night...but I just can`t wait to...

·
College
1,198 Posts
Bateman said:
As I wrote in my first post it was ready yesterday and I hopefully will have time to testride the next days...

Due to much work and christmas with my kids I will have to ride at night...but I just can`t wait to...
wow so why'd you pick sycip when your in germany? Can you give us the frame numbers ? is that suspension corrected?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow, it took some time but it was worth waiting!!!

Stunning bike, would love to see it in real live soon, but guess that will have to wait till next year!

Enjoy it!!

JJ

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
46x23 is the new 32x16. I'm sure it rides the way it looks, awesome!

Did you luck out with the blue disc pads, or did you paint them? Mine are blue too, BBB brand.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
One for the archives Bateman. I am sure that it will ride just as fine as it looks. How could it not?

The Cleg brakes are German in manufacture? Look like quality units with plenty of stopping power.

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Nice Syp

Nice bike. I am building a Sycip FS 29er right now. They make great looking frames. I really like the color of your frame. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sahweet! I won't tell you to enjoy, I know you already are. It seems I'm not the only one who noticed the brakes, do tell more please.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Brakes

I hope you guys can read German since the english site is still under construction....

Here ya go, look under "produkte" and then FR or DH 2006:

http://www.the-cleg.com/FramesetHome.htm

I guess Bateman can tell us more, they look like quality stuff....

·
Your bike sucks
2,057 Posts
Looks great. Very slim looking.

Two points of personal preferance:

1) Not a big micro saddle fan but if you are going to have one - might as well be on single speed.

2) Mythos tires are fair at best. Rear is good - front is not so good.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nice....that's a sweet ride. Small detail, but what's the story with that chain? Whatever it is, I like the look of it. Very unique. Thanks for the pics.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,425 Posts
Carl Mega said:
Looks great. Very slim looking.

Two points of personal preferance:

1) Not a big micro saddle fan but if you are going to have one - might as well be on single speed.

2) Mythos tires are fair at best. Rear is good - front is not so good.
Tire preferance is funny. I think the Mythos is one of the best front and rear tire combos ever.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the feedback...

I can`t say that much about the brakes because I haven`t tested it yet...

Just from the looks it is great, very good manufactured and a nice design of the brakes and the levers...

Mine is the FR Version, which has 180mm in the front and 160mm in the back...

I`m sorry but I don`t know all the special terms in english....

The only negative Point is the price...I`m good friend with a dealer otherwiese I wouldn`t have bought it...

Officially the price is about 550 Euro, which should be about 700$ ...

As I ride a Hope M6 and a Hope M4 and Hayes 9 I guess I will be able to compare it to very good stuff...

As soon as I can say something about it I`ll report...

And the Chain is caled Shadow Conspiracy Chain, made only of Halflinks....

It was made for better adjusting the chain length trough half links, and somebody had the idea of connecting only halflinks...

It has much cleaner look and is not that big like the Wippermann BMX chain which I have on my Cross Bike...

But that Wippermann is made for BMX Action like grinding etc...

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
A beautiful creation

A wonderful bike and wonderful pictures, too. I have had many people try to explain a halflink chain to me, but I have not understood, and no one could show me one. Your picture makes it clear how it works. I think I see an eccentric bottom bracket shell, is that correct?

Germany is also very beatiful in the snow!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts