Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Tool
1,973 Posts
Nice work, Dan!

Are people finally leaving the closed trail section alone? I'm still clueless as to where this new bypass is, but I'd be happy to help add more debris on the closed section if people are still messing with it.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work, Dan!

Are people finally leaving the closed trail section alone? I'm still clueless as to where this new bypass is, but I'd be happy to help add more debris on the closed section if people are still messing with it.

yeah, I think I met the culprit, one of the local yokels. he asked me why I blocked off "his" trail. I explained that it was our trail not his. he was kind of a jerk at first, but I got him to admit that since we've been taking care of things its alot cleaner and no more shifty people messing around behind his house, so I think he's cool now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Dan and Frank - the trails and new / repaired bridges and builted up drops are great.... Thank you for the hard work and please send out a note when your planning the next trail day. PS - maybe we can meet at Starbucks !

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice work, Dan!

I have only ridden there once, but the new bypass was easy to find because the trail just flowed right into it (this was two Saturdays ago) and the old straight shot in was very much covered up with lots of debris with a sign at the top.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How angled is the ramp, how soft is the dirt, and how tall is that log? I really want to hit that on my rigid.
ramp is fairly straight, log is about 2-2.5', but since its on a hill its about a 6' drop unless you hit it fast and huck then its pretty far. still a little soft since we havent had any rain.
when I took the boulders out it lowered the landing about a foot and kind of flattened it, so the plan is to wheel barrow some more fill to get it back to the original angle.
I hit it with my 29 fs with the fork messed up and almost lost it, I heard someone tacoed a wheel but bent it back and rode out so I guess if you have the talent...

I do not endorse jumping off of anything with a bike:rolleyes:

·
see me rollin, they hatin
4,618 Posts
^ are you Dan S. from Nemba? we rode with you a couple weeks ago (the two BMC'ers). this must be the jump you were talking about! havent seen it yet. i dont get over to that side often.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ are you Dan S. from Nemba? we rode with you a couple weeks ago (the two BMC'ers). this must be the jump you were talking about! havent seen it yet. i dont get over to that side often.
yep, how you doing?
heading over this weekend if you're interested

·
see me rollin, they hatin
4,618 Posts
i think we're doing musquash, sunday AM. we live right down the street from Yudicky so thats mainly our night riding spot.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they're having a trail day Saturday. I may hit Lowell or Hp one day, Yudicky the other.
we imprved the landing at Yud. so I need to try it out

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dan(and crew) great job on the recent improvements and general trail work. Really great!

Hit starfish up for the first time earlier this week and killer updates. Sorry but that jump is a little too much for me right now! Agree about the dirt. With a little more fill up it will be sweet. A buddy I rode with hit it and almost ate it hard. I'll stick with the "little" jump on the other side if it's still there!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I love it, it flows perfectly, a short uphill followed by a nice downhill sweeper controlling your launch speed.
Just hope it doesn't catch anyone off guard since its the only thing not rollable. Maybe a subtle 'hucking kitty' sign at the top.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts