Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, it's not a QBP product so I am sure we'll have to endure the same sort of stale drivel from the same dozen curmudgeons that we always have to endure regarding the Specialized Fatboy, the Wal-Mart bikes, etc.

Here, I'll start for you:

"I remember way back in 2011, there was no such nonsense. These damn kids today. They don't respect anybody or anything. They don't respect tradition. They always want to change everything. I've even heard some of them are smoking that marijuana or whatever it's called. Blah, blah, blah...."

BONUS PRO TIP: For best results, repeat incessantly while imitating the grimaces of Archie Bunker and/or emulating the voice of James Earl Jones. Also, a true cycling curmudgeon never forgets to play an 8-track tape of "Okie From Muskogee" in the background.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
16,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's not a QBP product so I am sure we'll have to endure the same sort of stale drivel from the same dozen curmudgeons that we always have to endure regarding the Specialized Fatboy, the Wal-Mart bikes, etc.

Here, I'll start for you:

I remember way back in 2011, there was no such nonsense. These damn kids today. They don't respect anybody or anything. They don't respect tradition. They always want to change everything. Blah, blah, blah....
Hey! I'm one of those curmudgeons apparently, so I resemble that remark.

And the big S can go suck a lemon, fatbike or not.

Gee, this is fun!

·
Registered
893 Posts
All I can think of when I look at that thing is how hard it can be to push a single front wheel through the snow and that 2 wheels just seems so very much worse...

On the other hand, I suppose you'd fall over slightly less often so it might be less frustrating at first.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Also, why hasn't (Yakima/Thule/Kuat/One-up) made a dedicated rack for this thing yet? Don't they understand how huge the market is gonna be for these?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lefty version, Mendon?!

Reactions: Shark

·
16,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lefty version, Mendon?!
No time to play with photoshop today, sorry.

Guess I'll just add that things were so much cooler when we just had one tire, and traction was a four letter word, uttered furtively in parking lots filled with snow, and littered with pull tops from beer cans.....

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Also, a true cycling curmudgeon never forgets to play an 8-track tape of "Okie From Muskogee" in the background.
8-track?...You poser...It's 4-Track; came out before the 8.

If the lapse is due to faulty memory...give me time...not far behind.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
If they dualled the back wheels as well, then add 6" tyres on 100mm rims, we would have a bike (bike?) that should be able to go over almost anything.

Of course, it would weigh 70lbs odd, so the rider would have to have thighs like an Olympic sprinter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts