Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Landis was too hungry to ride hard in the final yesterday. like he didn't ride, in terms of fatigue. I sort of expected him to shine today (easy to say now, isn't it?).

Footage also reminded me that 23mm tires really only don't suck at climbing steep asphalt roads for hours on end :)

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Fav quote:

The chief export of Floyd Landis is pain.
Floyd Landis does not sleep. He waits.
Floyd Landis doesn't have hair on his testicles, because hair does not grow on steel.
Floyd Landis doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Hahaha!

I'm sure he got used to riding like this by doing it for years with Lance on his rear wheel. The others can't do that. Stay on his wheel.

I've seen about 2 decades of TdF live footage, but this ladies and gentlemen, has no precedent in modern history. It's rather cool to not have the boring "favorites" playing chess all Tour long. This is what a clean Tour looks like : the best guy still wins, but no dopers that almost match him ;-)

Man will y'all become "self confident" if another Tour goes States-side! Are you claiming the whole decade?

Notice how the man that was 48th at 28min after a week of riding, managed to stay in the Yellow Jersey today. This will be the last time the peloton grants him a half-hour escape...

·
Category Winner
6,098 Posts
Someone called and tipped me on it. I told him to tell me nothing. I wanted to watch when I got home on DVR. I HAD to go read about it at cyclingnews.com. I still got chills reading it. I need to leave work NOW!

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
video

what's the best web video source for those of us who refuse to be raped by the cable TV companies.

-M

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Awesome stage. Setting up for the most exciting Tour in many years.

Hard to believe on a couple fronts. First, he had the balls to go and second, they let him go.

A guy at the LBS said Phonak has a special car just to carry Floyd's balls.:D

On a quite seperate Tour note, what the hell is going on here....

http://tinyurl.com/f8llo

http://tinyurl.com/ljb2g

Very suspect!

·
Registered
273 Posts
On a quite seperate Tour note, what the hell is going on here....
A couple southern dandies. Being that it's been about 1000 degrees in Austin for a while and Matt Damon is no longer cast for "Lance, The Movie" he's got his eyes on some other guys.

-s

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Was checking the website every couple of minutes as I was getting ready for working this morning. Don't have cable -- can't imagine how exciting it would have been to watch it live. This is certainly the most exciting TdF that I've followed.

·
Vertical Restraint
37 Posts
Go Kart Motzart said:
Awesome stage. Setting up for the most exciting Tour in many years.

Hard to believe on a couple fronts. First, he had the balls to go and second, they let him go.

I watched it. They didn't really "let" him go. They were all hurting.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I thought Roll was a bit strong and reactionary in his comments but that was phukking fantastic! Viva la Floyd!

burner said:
I thought bob roll said it best... Today was the best bike race he's ever seen in his life. what a legendary performance

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,393 Posts
At the risk of sounding repetetive, yeah, this is THE most exciting tour in years. Beats what was becoming the Lance show, hands down, no offense Lance=:) It's also the first Tour that has my 12 year old son riveted. He can spout finishers each day about 10 deep =:) Go Floyd!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts