Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 29 inch tire to replace the Racing Ralph’s that I have now. I love these tires in the wider 2.35 29 version, but getting hard to find. What can I replace with that rolls like the Ralph and is a bit wider?
Thanks for any suggestion.

·
Registered
257 Posts
yep xr2's.. like em as much and last way longer.. i think they roll as fast and are about as strong as a SnakeSkin Ralph. and are nice n wide in 2.35.

^when compared to the original RR version, havent tried the new tread pattern ones..

·
Registered
2021 Stumpjumper S-Works, 2020 Yeti Arc
649 Posts
yep xr2's.. like em as much and last way longer.. i think they roll as fast and are about as strong as a SnakeSkin Ralph. and are nice n wide in 2.35.

^when compared to the original RR version, havent tried the new tread pattern ones..
Just went to Bontrager's site and only see a 2.2 and 2.6 but no 2.35's in 29er size. Bummer as I have wheels with 30mm inner width and don't want to go down to 2.2 and 2.6 is too big for me.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,186 Posts
There will be more RaRa 2.35's... there was talk of discontinuing them but after hearing too much static about it, Schwalbe is going to continue making them (from what I heard a month or so ago).

Bontrager XR2's are also good tires- I don't find they wear much different than Racing Ralph's (I typically run Snakeskin in the rear and EVO 2.4 up front... still have a few of those left).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.