Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Haven't we seen this bike before? Guy claims that it weighs 4 lbs less than a Giant DH. Thing lacks the touches of a true craftsman. I think the original poster said that this bike got 11 inches of rear travel. If this is the same bike, that is one F-ed up leverage ratio.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
El Chingon said:
Haven't we seen this bike before? Guy claims that it weighs 4 lbs less than a Giant DH. Thing lacks the touches of a true craftsman. I think the original poster said that this bike got 11 inches of rear travel. If this is the same bike, that is one F-ed up leverage ratio.
I think I've seen it before too.

Looks pretty fricken sweet though!

·
Bob Saget Fan
122 Posts
Swoop said:
Looks like it might be a little flexy in the swingarm pivot point area. idk though.... that's pretty tight though.
We can't even see the pivot in that picture, how can you say its flexy????? The problem i see with the pivot is that its looks way too low. It will squat a lot when pedaling.

·
DOH!
473 Posts
Holy slack seat angle! And I thought the SA on my Mountain Cycle 9.5 was laid-back... I'm thinking a Thomson post is about the only thing with enough adjustment to prevent having the nose of the saddle shoved up your arse...permanently.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
El Chingon said:
Yeah, same guy/company(?)(Ram Cycles?) building them, somewhat different design though. Pic below is the original pic he'd posted last time. My original opinion still stands. I beleive the original thread from the DH forum has been removed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ram Cycles, Sacramento CA.

There is a lot to this bike that you do not see.
Some basics:
HT angle: 67
BB height: 14.9"
Travel: 9"
Material: Cro-mo
Hub width: 165mm
BB width: 100mm
CStay: 17"
Maker: Ram Cycles, Sacramento CA.

Note: This bike is not intended to take 100' drops on the saddle.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Cromo, I bet it's stronger then it looks...... Looks cool, any info on it's ride traits?, action pics and just more general info.... Thanks.
what's it weigh?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frame Weight

Felpur said:
Cromo, I bet it's stronger then it looks...... Looks cool, any info on it's ride traits?, action pics and just more general info.... Thanks.
what's it weigh?
FRAME WEIGHT: 11.25 LBS W/OUT SHOCK
TOTAL WEIGHT: 46.1 LBS AS SHOWN

Pics: Not acquired yet. Again, check it out at Sea Otter.

Ride traits:
-Responds like a 3 point design when standing over or behind the BB, and sitting. But once you commit to a climb, and shift your weight forward, the rear end stiffens and becomes a " 1" " travel climbing capable machine, for lack of a better term. Basically, shift your weight forward and you can climb.
-The suspension design has applications all across the board. As far as the machine you see or as mild as an XC bike.

NOTE: This frame is capable of SS (Single Speed)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.