Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just for the fun of it, I had built a NYCbikes Uberurban frame into a town bike ( http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=189158 ). I've had a set of bars I've been wanting to use on something so I decided to try them on this frame. I scored a set of Diacomp 287V levers on ebay, got a set of tires from Nashbar (700x38 IRC cross country) and this is what I ended up with. It just so happened that the "magic" gear is a 32x20 so that worked out nice. I took it out for a little ride this morning, I kinda like the hand position with these bars. I had tried some mary bars before but didn't really care for them, but these felt good. Overall the bike rides great, light, nimble, and the smallish tires worked fine on the hardpack. I might have to keep this one for a while, it's kinda fun.

Steve

Attachments

·
all about the all about
292 Posts
Nice, I like!
Boone cog laying around in the parts bin?
I had envisioned a similar build after checking out the NYCBikes site, well done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.