Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
its not faux full suspension, that seat has enough suspension for two bikes, I would see if he would pump the front tire and throw in the front break for an extra 30$ and call it a deal at 70.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
p nut said:
Kick stand is an obvious sign you need to jump on that stat. No front brakes and the custom cable routing also say "must buy."
What kind of upgrades can I get for it to make it race ready? I want to participate in a race this year. Is it ready to go or should I change some things? I will be painting the frame white.

I spoke to the owner and he says it is fast.

·
3,707 Posts
rydbyk said:
What kind of upgrades can I get for it to make it race ready? I want to participate in a race this year. Is it ready to go or should I change some things? I will be painting the frame white.

First, it's already race ready. But you may want to buy a Nirve and swap the drivetrain parts off of it.

Nirve

·
Registered
193 Posts
rydbyk said:

heck yeah it's fast... no front brake! weeeeee

·
one chain loop
2,360 Posts
cut the seat springs shorter. you want it hugging your bum cheeks during high speed turns and to not bounce around. white with red pinstriping is a fast color.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fishcreek said:
cut the seat springs shorter. you want it hugging your bum cheeks during high speed turns and to not bounce around. white with red pinstriping is a fast color.
If I remove the two extra sprockets in the front, do you think it will get a lot lighter? I love the Brucks saddle...they are so nice.

I am still not sure if I want a front brakeset or not. I like simplicity. Also, it says "21" on the side. Is that how many pounds it is with all sprockets attached?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.