Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an awesome pair of Sram XO1 Carbon cranks on my Revel. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. I sold a wheelset the other day so I have some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket. Any reason I should buy/not buy the eeWings? Go!!

· Administrator
12,457 Posts
I have an awesome pair of Sram XO1 Carbon cranks on my Revel. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. I sold a wheelset the other day so I have some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket. Any reason I should buy/not buy the eeWings? Go!!
I had the original Sweetwings and they were awesome. If you want awesome then these are the business. Performance wise not sure you would notice a difference but cool factor, can't be beat.

· Registered
14,396 Posts
I'd spend the money on something else for sure. XO1 are a solid, light, utilitarian crank set.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

· Registered
20,208 Posts
That’s my cue: You know you want them. It’s been a rough year. You owe it to yourself to get them. If you don’t buy them now, you’ll end up blowing the money on something else, probably dumb household stuff. I bet someone else is looking at those very cranks right now and are about to snatch them away from you. They’re super sick! DO IT.

· Registered
7,177 Posts
Eewing cranks are totally reliable, very light, very rigid & strong in a way that CF can't be, and have great ground clearance beneath the pedal lug.

I mean, there are certainly more bang for the buck places to spend your money on your bike, however Eewings are definitely NOT a waste of money. In fact they are essentially a lifetime crankset with perfect performance.

I've had a set for 3 years and love them.

· All fat, all the time.
11,121 Posts
Ever had cf cranks break on a bike trip?
Something to be said for avoiding known failure points.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
Just avoid the RF ones and all is well.

Anything can break. Best to pack a second bike.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· Disgruntled Peccary
6,678 Posts
I mean, it's 2021.. not much in terms of experience out there over the past two years... They're NICE cranks. I won't buy them, but hey.. I buy nice things other people view as being 'wasteful' on a regular basis. I just don't notice cranks that much. They're beautiful though, I can't deny that.

It's about a $650 - $700 cost difference.

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All of you guys make fantastic points. I thank you all very much!! I just got off the phone with Cane Creek and the guy told be that the black cranks will not be made because of the high demand of the polished ones. I really, really want the black crank. However, the Ti would match my 11-6 very well.

· Registered
7,177 Posts
I mean, it's 2021.. not much in terms of experience out there over the past two years... They're NICE cranks. I won't buy them, but hey.. I buy nice things other people view as being 'wasteful' on a regular basis. I just don't notice cranks that much. They're beautiful though, I can't deny that.

It's about a $650 - $700 cost difference.
At the time the cost difference between XX1s and Eewings with the (at the time) commonly available 20% coupon was about $350. I actually lost my balance the first day on them next to a vertical curb and scrapped the heck out of my new Eewings screwing around! The damage would have concerned me on CF cranks but on Eewings, no problem. But there went my resale value.

For a DC bike I'm currently building I had $565 delivered for XX1 cranks or $950 delivered for Eewings as the best prices I could find new.

On the used market I found some NIB Eewings for $900 but for that application I bought some NIB XX1s for $450 instead.

Unfortunately in these days, good deals are hard to come by.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.