Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm intentionally posting this here first instead of the dh forum for all the reasons you might assume one would do that........most of you have finished puberty. :D

Specifically the dewlie.......the two ring guide although this may be an issue with the single ringers as well.

So there's a backplate, a roller and a bash guard just like every other chainguide.

But the roller has a bearing on only one side. Meaning getting the thing tight binds the roller making it a roller that won't roll. WTF? I've been doing this bike mechanic thing for quite a while including the endless mrp modifications necessary for so many years and my intuition is to call blackspire and lambast them utter stupidity. Which is why I now apeal to those of you who might have these things to lambast me for mine.

And please don't fill this with "buy a drs" "get an lrp". I own the thing, it's sitting in my garage and I'm willing to bet there's just something simple I'm not seeing. Please show me that thing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
kidwoo said:
I'm intentionally posting this here first instead of the dh forum for all the reasons you might assume one would do that........most of you have finished puberty. :D

Specifically the dewlie.......the two ring guide although this may be an issue with the single ringers as well.

So there's a backplate, a roller and a bash guard just like every other chainguide.

But the roller has a bearing on only one side. Meaning getting the thing tight binds the roller making it a roller that won't roll. WTF? I've been doing this bike mechanic thing for quite a while including the endless mrp modifications necessary for so many years and my intuition is to call blackspire and lambast them utter stupidity. Which is why I now apeal to those of you who might have these things to lambast me for mine.

And please don't fill this with "buy a drs" "get an lrp". I own the thing, it's sitting in my garage and I'm willing to bet there's just something simple I'm not seeing. Please show me that thing.

Thanks.
I can check out my buds bike who has one on a VPX too, probably wont be able to see it untill friday though. I do no that he has had no problems with it, actually, 3 of my freinds have one on there bikes and two of them have been used for several years with no problems. 2- Bullits and the mentioned VPX.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drumstix said:
I can check out my buds bike who has one on a VPX too, probably wont be able to see it untill friday though. I do no that he has had no problems with it, actually, 3 of my freinds have one on there bikes and two of them have been used for several years with no problems. 2- Bullits and the mentioned VPX.
Cool. Much appreciated. Just check out the roller itself because right now, I have no idea how this system would work. There's a sex-bolt type connector that holds it to the back plate so you actually can get the bolts to bottom out on each other without binding the roller.......but then it flops loose in the slot used to adjust between different sized chainrings.

This is for an uzzi too.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.