Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember who it was, but someone in another post asked to see pics of some of the trails around the Fruita area, so I took some! All are from my cell phone, but I think you'll definitely get the idea...
From Mary's Loop:

From Rustler's loop:

From the 28 Road trails, I think this was part of the Edge loop???

Prime Cut trail:

Kessels Run:

Another "local resident":

This one is kind of a bummer..you can't ride down in here anymore, it's foot/equestrian traffic only...but it gives you a good idea of what the majority of the scenery is in the area:

Anyhoo...hope you all enjoy the pics.

·
Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
983 Posts
Those are pretty good photos from a cell phone.

I'm always amazed at the area closures to cycling while the equestrian crowd maintains access. :confused:

·
Registered
511 Posts
bones get broke said:
I'm always amazed at the area closures to cycling while the equestrian crowd maintains access. :confused:
It's all about the money. Think about it.

Exactly the same as Northern California in the early 1980s.

·
Registered
242 Posts
RickC5 said:
It's all about the money. Think about it.

Exactly the same as Northern California in the early 1980s.
I hate to see any area closed to mountain biking, but there is one positive to the Devil's Canyon/Pollock Bench area being a open to only hikers and horses. It diverts a fair amount of horse traffic away from all the other great singletrack, keeping damage from horses and mtb vs. equestrian conflict to a minimum. That is not to say that you won't see horses on trail, but at least for me it has been seldom.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
last night on Rustlers giving the new bike a spin. Also took a total newb buddy out that just bought his bike yesterday.

You know... Rustlers is kinda fun!!!! Although 6.5" of travel may be overkill ;-)

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
singletrack said:
The one from Steve's would be a lot cooler if the guy had actually ridden out there. Somehow I doubt that's what happened!
No - a 6 footer to a flat landing wasn't in the cards:p

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Tulsa said:
what would be a good xc scenic trail for an Okie? i will be there this weekend through Tuesday.
You might start off with Rustlers or Mary's in Loma. If thats not "XC" enough someone else may have better suggestions than me (I'm only just back into the sport and have only done a limited number of trails).

Or do you want to get up into the mountains out of the heat and hit that kind of stuff (trees, shade...) If so, there are many choices on the Grand Mesa or Uncompahgre Plateau. But you have to drive a little.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Cutthroat, I assume that overlook must be on Andy's or Ribbon? I rode Andy's like 12 years ago, but don't remember it too well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts