Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just a punk in the street
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this in the GT forum but I figured I might have better luck here?

I am very new to mtbing. I have only been riding since April. I bought a GT Idrive 5 2.0 and for the most part I like the bike. Its definitely the best bike that I have ever owned but thats not really saying much. This bike does one thing in particular that bothers me or I should say freaks me out when it happens.

Sometimes while turning right, with some speed, the rear of the bike shifts to the left and then bounces back (a pretty good bounce). At first I thought is was the rear tire folding under and then back. I don't think so now. It only seems to do it when turning right and no matter what tire pressure I run.

Any Ideas? and Thank You in advance.

And does anyone else have this bike and what do you think about it?

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
It seems that you may need to tweak your rear shock (ie... adjusting your rebound, air pressure etc...) What type of rear shock do you have? It think that your rebound may be set too fast. More info?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Grab your bike and try wiggling the back wheel from side to side. If it moves, you have loose or or worn bearings, if not, it's gotta be the shock.

·
Just a punk in the street
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the responses.:thumbsup:

Unfortunately I have already checked the shock and overall tightness of the bike. All appears to be well and adjusted. I had a response on the GT forum about "triangle flex". I am leaning more towards this type of scenario for now. This happens so sporadically and the action that is being produced feels like what the "triangle flex" sounds like it would feel like? (If that makes sense):confused:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Is this SPAM, or what?

sharedjelly said:
try calling Jared at down shift cycles. I bought some stuff from him a while back and he seems to know what he's talking about. He helped me with my questions and got me a great deal as well. downshiftcycles.com
Look, do not take this the wrong way, but is this SPAM? You have 5 posts. ALL 5 of them point to the outfit you are talking about. Are you Jared? If so, be honest about it. Stop Spamming these boards, be helpful to the people asking questions, and create a link in your sig.

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
damion said:
Look, do not take this the wrong way, but is this SPAM? You have 5 posts. ALL 5 of them point to the outfit you are talking about. Are you Jared? If so, be honest about it. Stop Spamming these boards, be helpful to the people asking questions, and create a link in your sig.
I just looked at Jared Shelly's, I mean SharedJelly's, posts and ...........Looks like SPAM to me!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts