Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rocky Mountain High
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, PNW'ers. I'm coming up from Colorado this summer and was hoping to get a little information on the Colville NF and the Kettle Crest area. How many days worth of good singletrack riding would say is in that area? What sort of mileage daily?

I really appreciate any info, thanks.

·
Rocky Mountain High
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wilderness progress?

We're going through some similar Wilderness issues down here in the Durango area. If you had to guess, how strong is the Wilderness designation likelihood?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Saint John said:
We're going through some similar Wilderness issues down here in the Durango area. If you had to guess, how strong is the Wilderness designation likelihood?
Million dollar question. The study for designation is currently underway, we are currently in the step of the Forest Supervisor to Propose. There are numerous roadless areas, so it's a waiting game to see if any or all areas that include the Kettle Crest will be proposed.

The Pro-Wilderness Coalition considers the Kettle Crest their crown jewel.

·
Rocky Mountain High
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OldHouseMan said:
Since you'll be in the area, a trip up to Rossland BC may be in order. From the looks of the info Skookum posted on the Evergreen page, you wont run out of trails to ride, but Rosslands worth at least a day.
Thanks, OHM. I may check it out.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Saint John said:
Thanks, OHM. I may check it out.
Don't "think" about checking out Rossland. If you're coming up all the way from Durango and hitting Colville, you'd be foolish not to go there....they're only an hour and a half apart. There are a couple great riding spots right from town, plus you've got 7 summits - which probably was my favorite xc ride all year.

Me and the doggies on 7 Summits:

My wife riding a steep rock on Full Monte (a super fun trail on the Monte Christo area.....just outside of town). This is a great spot to spend 3-4 hours and you can do several loops. Ooh yeah, it's a 10 minute ride from downtown too.

If you do any FR, they've got some wicked stuff as well....so bring the big bike. This trail is called Whoopity Doo.

Here's some more great info. on Rossland.

And some from our trip in late September.
https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=456822

Cheers,
EB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.