Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Giant P-XCR0 (carbon) wheels in tonight for my Anthem Advance 1. Pretty impressed with them out of the box. With the wheels and using a SRAM XX 10sp cassette I knocked a pound off of the weight of the bike and got it down to 24.4lbs.

Took my old wheels and swapped them over to wifes Lust Advance 2. With then only swap being the wheels (both bikes use the same tires and cassette) I only knocked 5oz off of her bike. Got it down to 25.13lbs.

For anyone out there wondering the P-XC2 wheels came in at 1815g for the wheels, rim tape, and presta valve. I was really surprised, the front weighs the same as the P-XCR1 wheels. The saving was all in the rear wheel.

Going to try and get up early tomorrow morning and get a test ride in on the new setup and start dialing in the tire pressures.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can't wait to read your review on those wheels as I'm thinking about doing the same upgrade. Did you weigh them before you put them on?

On another note, it is interesting to note that we also both own a Propel road bike. I just got mine last week and I'm loving it, also. Giant rules!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I just build up the Propel a month or so ago, tool the Ultegra drivetrain off of my 2012 TCR composite and put in on the Propel. I love the bike so far, stiff and responsive and flat out hauls but once you are over 15mph.

First ride of the wheel is very positive, the wheels are super stiff. Might have to adjust some tire pressures some as I continue to ride them. The wheels are very responsive, turn the bars and point the bike and it goes. They don't flex in the corners at all. Bike is razor sharp in the steering department now.

I got the race wheels, Giant said 1400g for the bare wheels. Out of the box they have a velox strip in them, 1480g bare wheels. I pulled the velox and put the tubeless tape in and they came in at 1440g. So they will prob be really close to the claimed 1400g for the race.

The trail versions are listed as 1440g out of the box.

Good luck getting a set, the first shipment just got the USA and luckily my shop is one of the top sales stores in our region for Giant so our Giant rep made sure I got the wheels as I was the first person in the state with the Anthem Advance when it came out. He was super excited to see the bike when he saw it last October and again when I told him I wanted the wheels.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is too crazy how similar our stories are. I built up my Propel with the Ultegra Di2 off of my 2013 TCR Advanced SL. My Giant dealer is also tops in this region and he tore down a complete Propel Advanced 1 to let me have the frame, aero bar and stem. I did a Century Ride on it last Sunday and I absolutely love the bike.

However, I'm a bit bummed that my dealer hasn't delivered on the wheels yet. I think I'll give him a call tomorrow and remind him I'm still waiting. ;-)

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
A lot of the Giant carbon stuff is talking a long time to deliver. My stem took 4 months. No big deal. In some ways it simply flattering in terms of high demand/desirability beyond their expectations.

And there are still folks who think 27.5 is a flash in the pan...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts