Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend my buddy and me had some great snowbike action in austria. Since no lifts were running we pushed the bike uphill and shuttled by car a few times. The powder snow was deep, so the speed wasnt too fast for us beginners. We had tremendous fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

My plan is to try it out this weekend for the first time. Seems to be a lot of fun and I can wear comfy boots. I gave up alpine skiing years ago for telemarking as my feet are more comfortable in tele boots, but snow boots are like slippers!
DT

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
turnerbikes said:
My plan is to try it out this weekend for the first time. Seems to be a lot of fun and I can wear comfy boots. I gave up alpine skiing years ago for telemarking as my feet are more comfortable in tele boots, but snow boots are like slippers!
DT
So would that make it "Telemark Neutralizing Technology"?
Sorry - couldn't resist.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Bare hands and ears?

Holy Chit, that topography in Maine would generate 10 to 20 degrees F and wind chill (at those breakneck speeds) of 0 to minus 10F. You guys are either tough as nails or my perception of Austria is a little skewed. :D

Looks like great fun!

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
well now im seriously envious. damn that looks fun! just got a email back from the closest hill to my palce and they said skibikes were not welcome but i could bring my skis back for the wed night drunken old man super g races. sign up, have some beers in thr bar with all the old guys, then hit the gates. now that was great fun last year so it looks like i need to change the shop schedual so i get wed nights off again. weeeeeeeeee!

2 more hills to check out before i consider bailin on the idea alltogether.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DGC said:
This might be the kind of tequilla DT is talking about......
great pix ritz, them hands look toasty warm.
yes it leaves a warm feeling most of you are so concerned about our hands! :)
Actually temperature were close to 0 degree celcius and we were pretty warmed up by pushing the bike uphill.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.