Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm always intrigued by electronic gadgets, as I'm sure most of us are.

Well, my step-dad works for a big environmental company and he brought me home two cool new gadgets.

1) Solio hybrid solar charger.

This thing is sweet! I can't wait to try it out. It has included tips to charge just about any cell phone, as well as anything that charges via USB connector, mini usb (my blackberry), game consoles (PSP, DS), ipods, Garmin GPS, etc. etc.

It only needs 8-10 hours of sunlight to be ready to fully charge any one of the items mentioned above. OR you can plug it into the wall and use it as a normal charger.

I'm stoked, and it just reminds me of the little things my parents do that sometimes goes overlooked, but I am truly appreciative and it made my day :D.

I would highly recommend this!

</img>
</img>
</img>
</img>

2) LED Light with compass, also solar powered. It has a hi, lo, and off setting. This thing is very lightweight without batteries in it, and it's pretty bright too! Also, the included mini compass is a nice touch and is a pretty sweet addition I think.

</img>
</img>
</img>

Woohoo :thumbsup:

P.S. - "Think Green" :D

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
lmao

Finch Platte said:
Have your step-dad bring you home a good camera. :thumbsup:
or at least one with a macro function. Look for the little flower symbol on one of the buttons. Turn off the flash, and lots of ambient light.

Oh, cool gadgets, tho. I guess the cell phone charger would be useful in the bush when you have no signal anyway, as long as you could leave it some place safe, like your car... wait... you got a cig lighter in the car.

*edit*

okay, cool. So it can use solar to charge its internal battery, then use that battery power later. Neato

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
Cool gadgets
i think the yoyo or crank dynamo cell phone charger is a little more handy expecially when you lost ant nite.
I need to find a link to them.

Sign of the coming apocolypse; a solar powered flashlight is manufactured and considered to be useful!!

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
yeah...

Biker_Scout_Sparky said:
Cool gadgets
i think the yoyo or crank dynamo cell phone charger is a little more handy expecially when you lost ant nite.
I need to find a link to them.

Sign of the coming apocolypse; a solar powered flashlight is manufactured and considered to be useful!!
... just put a battery in between and you're fine, tho.

I once saw a DVD player with a setup DVD. Oh, and Best Buy had a deal where they were giving away a DVD with DVD players... 'The IMAX experience'.... as a DVD.. and this was pre-HD .... Uh, does this install a film projector running 70mm film sideways in your house with a 100 foot screen?

·
organically fed
1,175 Posts
We've been having solar-powered calculators for what, like 30 years or so now? And now the common man can get a PV solar system on his house that sort of almost works halfway decently...it's like we're finally on the cusp of some major breakthroughs in green energy, and John McBush wants to just crack the earth in half and put a big oil pan underneath it.

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.