Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie mechanic question. I pretty sure my rear shock brushing? Eyelet? Bushings? whatever its called needs to be replaced. I have never done this myself. Is this an easy self fix or should I just take it in? Its on a 2013 5.7 Fox float CTD. Where would I find a kit for this? Unless this is a exclusive shop fix. If that is the case never mind. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,405 Posts
Get the right tool on that one.

MTB4Life sells a nice little tool that does the job, he posts in the classifieds and on ebay.
There is a little bit of side to side play built into the bushings these days. If your slop is back and forth so to speak then the bushing needs to be replaced.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
That shock should have the newer bushing assembly (black alloy sleeve with beige composite bushings) which are more similar to a needle bearing kit as far as longevity and feel. They're easy to replace at home but getting the composite pieces out does take some finesse (they're a 2 part assembly with a flange on the outer edges so you need something to get into the tiny gap inside the shock body and push one out first). Look up "Fox HD bushing" for some images of that style...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hummm.... Yeah Ill just take it in LOL. I do not want to screw anything up. But I appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts