Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
while I wait to figure out how to sort out the munched/bent chainring, thanks to friggin UPS, I figured I would take some pics for what it is worth.

By the way, shouts go out to Larry for putting this together for me with such care....and Brent for turning me on to PW and in particular, for hooking me up with one of the 18 pairs of blue PW disc hubs!

* frame = Large Phil Wood SS w/ EBB
* wheelset =Blue Phil disc hubs/QR, DT Swiss XR4.1d rims, Wheelsmith silver spokes, brass nipples, with DT Swiss tubeless conversion kit
* cranks = 180mm ENO
* bottom bracket = Phil Wood
* fork = Fox F80X
* Brakes = Hope M2 with 2-piece rotors
* freewheel = ENO
* chain = Wipperman 152
* saddle = WTB Laser V Stealth
* seatpost = Thomson Silver
* stem = Thomson Silver
* grips = ODI-lock Rogue w/ blue clamps
* headset = King blue
* seatpost clamp = Silver Salsa
* skewers = Silver Hope
* Dangerboy Hope compatible Blue brake levers
* Dangerboy Bue bar end clamps
* bars = Azonic Double Wall Riser w/ 2" rise - Polished
* tires = 2.25 Big Jim UST front / 2.1 Jim LIght UST rear
* Hope brake hose guide silver
* Hope silver bore caps
* pedals = Shimano 959

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GGAllen said:
Wow, what a dream bike...

Hey, I notice you have the brakes listed as M2's. Are they any different than the mono minis?
great question...to be honest I am not sure. Could it be that in 2005 they just call them M2s? Or perhaps the Hope Minis, if still named as such, come with the standard rotors and not the 2-piece. I do not know to be honest.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
lushmd said:
Damn Fo, that is a sweet bike (I guess we're even now ;): my SS is one of those True Temper Anxiety Phobia frames from Universal Cycles built up w/spare parts).
you are smarter than I......fortunately, this is a sport where I am allowed to spend money on stuff (ie, bikes) that are far beyond my ability and frankly, it is just so fun to build up dream bikes that I cannot control myself ;). Having said that, I truly believe I am "done" with new bikes for a long time. I went through my freeride bike phase......lightweight ultra bling XC racer bike.....and now converged to my true passion - single speeding. Between this bike and my never-to-be-sold Ventana FS bike, I feel truly content. I am anxious to take it out over Father's day weekend and should be able to...so long as I can reconcile the UPS munched chainring. Thanks UPS!!!!

cheers

·
Registered
266 Posts
FoShizzle said:
..Having said that, I truly believe I am "done" with new bike for a long time.
Sure. That's what I always say too..

I'm sure a set of Goodridge stainless brake lines with red and blue anodized fittings have crossed your mind.... :)

Also, if you are interested in REALLY going over the top, I'm told Hope can/will anodize the piston bore cap on the caliper AND the master cylinder reservoir cap any color you wish.

Man. It never ends. ;)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GGAllen said:
Sure. That's what I always say too..

I'm sure a set of Goodridge stainless brake lines with red and blue anodized fittings have crossed your mind.... :)

Also, if you are interested in REALLY going over the top, I'm told Hope can/will anodize the piston cover cap any color you wish.

Man. It never ends. ;)
Wow! You know me too well!! I was actually annoyed riding home today that I did not go with the Goodridge lines........The only reason I did not go with colored brake reservoir caps (which I did consider by the way) is that I was worried that there would be too many different hues of blue already. As it is, there is Phil Wood blue frame, Phil Wood blue hubs (a different blue as you can see), King blue for headset, ODI-lock on clamp blue, and Dangerboy lever and bar-end plug blue. Hope would have been yet a different blue so I stayed with black reservoir caps. This it the same reason i went with silver Hope brake bore caps (instead of stock gold) and Hope silver brake hose guide.

Worst part is....I am already starting to think about whether or not to really sell the Surly fully rigid....and if I did, what would I use that money towards!!!!

Boy, I am pathetic!!!!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lushmd said:
Damn Fo, that is a sweet bike (I guess we're even now ;): my SS is one of those True Temper Anxiety Phobia frames from Universal Cycles built up w/spare parts).
I don't know bro....your freakin HH125 is going to give me (and Bikezilla) a run for our money!!!

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Hey Fo...

Sweet bike! That is just plain awesome! I bet it rides like a dream(besides the bent chainring...).

Let us know how you like the Hope brakes. Especially compared to the Magura Martas you loved so much:)

I believe the M2's are the Mono minis:) I'm guessing the 'M' stands for Mono, and the 2 is for the two pistons in the brakes. That my guess.:)

Oh ye... how many times a day do you change your avatar! :eek:

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bike_freak said:
Hey Fo...

Sweet bike! That is just plain awesome! I bet it rides like a dream(besides the bent chainring...).

Let us know how you like the Hope brakes. Especially compared to the Magura Martas you loved so much:)

I believe the M2's are the Mono minis:) I'm guessing the 'M' stands for Mono, and the 2 is for the two pistons in the brakes. That my guess.:)

Oh ye... how many times a day do you change your avatar! :eek:
yeah I know....I change avatars as much as bikes now ;)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
[email protected]!!!

Nice ride Fo' Sheezie! Sharp, very sharp... :D

- On a sad note : Now you know what Brown can do for you! :cool: :p
- Sounds like you're getting taken care of though and that kicks @ss!!! :D

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DMFT said:
Nice ride Fo' Sheezie! Sharp, very sharp... :D

- On a sad note : Now you know what Brown can do for you! :cool: :p
- Sounds like you're getting taken care of though and that kicks @ss!!! :D
yeah...I should have asked for Fed-Ex. UPS screwed my Bullit up when I shipped it to somebody that bought it....broke part of the disc tab right off.

Larry is great and as usual, does everything he can to take care of his peeps.

cheers

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.