Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some shameless photo-spray from this weekend
1st is one of the step downs at the bottom of EarnEm.
2nd and 3rd are at the very bottom of Flying Monkey. That trail is silly. This drop was soooo fun.

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Man that second drop looks like a blast!!!

Sweet pics. :D

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Way cool.

Does that first jump gap the road and tranny on the down side of the road? All three shots are way cool. Thanks.

I've ridden most of the well known southern utah trails around St. George and Hurricane, and I've heard Flying Monkey referred to several times before but I'm not sure where it is exactly. I don't see it on the usual utah trail sites. Is this for a reason? Can you hook me up with a link. Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KRob said:
Does that first jump gap the road and tranny on the down side of the road? All three shots are way cool. Thanks.

I've ridden most of the well known southern utah trails around St. George and Hurricane, and I've heard Flying Monkey referred to several times before but I'm not sure where it is exactly. I don't see it on the usual utah trail sites. Is this for a reason? Can you hook me up with a link. Thanks
Yup, I thought road gap sounded too dramatic, cuz its an old beat down mining road, but it does tranny on the down side. Not much of a lip, just gotta hit it with speed and hop a little bit. There are some bigger options too...next time.
Flying Monkey drops off of Smith Mesa above Virgin, I just sat in the back of the truck on the way up. Springdale Cycle Tours had a DH trail map that had it on there, along with some others. Tech moves with a pantsload of exposure is a good way to describe it.

Oh yeah, credit to my GF for the pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.