Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get one more Coe ride in this year and, considering the forecast for the upcomming week, figured yesterday would pretty much be my only chance. Turned out to be a beautiful crystal clear day and I could easily see all the way to the Sierras from the top of Wilson peak. It was cold in the morning though, 33 degrees when I started, and for a good part of the ride the ground was frozen.

The route was Hunting Hollow>Hot Springs Rd>Coit Rd>Grizzly Gulch>Serpentine>Steer Ridge/Wilson Peak>Middle Steer Ridge>HH. 10.54 miles with 2771' total elevation gain. Pretty mellow for a Coe ride. Overall the trails were in decent shape. The top of Grizzly Gulch and most of Serpentine were muddy and slick though. Couldn't ride up the steeper parts of Serpentine, so slippery that even walking was tough. Middle Steer Ridge was in fantastic shape though, nice and tacky but not muddy.

Pics are:
1. HH Paking lot
2. Middle Steer Ridge
3. A chilly local resident
4. View from Grizzly Gulch
5. Middle Steer Ridge/Bowl Trail Intersection

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more

1. View from Wilson Peak
2. Wilson Peak Summit Marker
3. Bowl Trail/ Middle Steer Ridge (looking across the bowl)
4. Looking down Middle Steer Ridge

Attachments

·
King Of Tooth Tarter
455 Posts
Swooshy

Sounds like you had a good ride. Lucky. Good to take advantage of the rain gaps. Very nice pictures. I know all about Serpentine. I usually clear it. I wonder if my wolverine tires could manage. I've slipped there before.

Roy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.