Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stucco Bucket
1,920 Posts
Where is this trail? looks like trail 100 through phoenix but its been 12 years since I rode that trail

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Yea South Mountain... thanks for the pics fatjack - I'm jealous

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that is South Mountain. I usually ride in the morning before work. This is a good time of year to ride, because the crowds are light.

·
No Clue Crew
7,467 Posts
The crowds are light? You need to share your start times then. I'm out there twice a week or so and the crowds have been crazy since maybe early December. I won't even go there on weekends.

I can't wait til it's hot again, so all these extra people can go back to Minnesota.

Agreed, though, super-nice to have a trail system like South Mountain right in the middle of the city.

·
EDR
10,312 Posts
Blatant said:
The crowds are light? .
That's what I was thinking. This is the worst possible time to ride SoMo as far as crowds go.

Anyhow, nice pics Jack. I'll take the elevated numbers of trail users over -40 degree wind chill factor ANY day. Natty is a blast!

·
mtbr member
132 Posts
Great to see rideable trails. Thanks for the reminder that there are places that aren't covered in snow

·
ride
5,274 Posts
I got the pleasure to ride SoMo for the first time this December. Great stuff! Thanks for the pics, fatjack.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I usaully ride before work. I am sure it gets busy latter, but on Friday I started riding at about 7:45a and only came across one set of hikers (on national) when I was comming down the trail. I try to get out there 3-4 times a week, but it is only durring the week. I don't go out there on weekends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts