Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set my bike outisde Tim Hortons today, and as I was walking out, some guy wasn't watching where he was going, knocked my bike over as he was walking by.

I rushed out and then he just picks my bike up, gives me a dirty look and just walks away :mad: The fall put a little scratch in my Selle Italia SLK saddle. I was so mad that I almost yelled out "You watch it, A$$hole!" As a civilized person, I didnt end up doing it.

WHen you guys go into stores and whatnot, how do you put your bike so things like that doesn't happen???

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
I'd like to know what planet you live on, where you can simply prop up your bike outside the store?? Amazing.

I lock my bike to any available street sign. If I were on The Planet of No Crime, I'd simply prop it up against a street sign along the curb ;) Even if there are no thieves around, consider a cable lock to hold it up, or even a bungee cord.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Christine said:
I'd like to know what planet you live on, where you can simply prop up your bike outside the store?? Amazing.

I lock my bike to any available street sign. If I were on The Planet of No Crime, I'd simply prop it up against a street sign along the curb ;) Even if there are no thieves around, consider a cable lock to hold it up, or even a bungee cord.
My friends were standing outside and watching the bike. Otherwise, I would've brought it in with me :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
My biggest gripe these days are all of the walkers and joggers wearing MP3 players. I'm always screaming, "ON YOUR LEFT!" as I approach but most of the time they can't hear me. I get a lot of dirty looks because people are so freaked out when a bike passes them out of nowhere - they have no idea that I am there. I end up slowing WAY down and swinging very wide when I can but often I still get treated like some public nusance.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You put your bike in a spot where it could be knocked over.
It is not unreasonable for someone to assume that there are no bicycles precariously propped against random objects. Thus is it not an exceptional situation that it was knocked over.

The fellow that knocked it over, while he may indeed be an a$$hole, did not prove himself to be one in this case.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
macming said:
I set my bike outisde Tim Hortons today, and as I was walking out, some guy wasn't watching where he was going, knocked my bike over as he was walking by.

I rushed out and then he just picks my bike up, gives me a dirty look and just walks away :mad: The fall put a little scratch in my Selle Italia SLK saddle. I was so mad that I almost yelled out "You watch it, A$$hole!" As a civilized person, I didnt end up doing it.

WHen you guys go into stores and whatnot, how do you put your bike so things like that doesn't happen???
Try not putting your bike where people are likely to be walking. Oh, and if you're so concerned about your saddle getting a little scratch, perhaps you should explore a different hobby.

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
Its like People NEVER look where their going..

On BART no matter how conscience you are of other people some wingnuts going to walk into your bike. Theyll give you a shltty look but you get the last laugh as you notice that as a result of them running into your bike they tire or grease mark on um.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
ChipAllen said:
My biggest gripe these days are all of the walkers and joggers wearing MP3 players. I'm always screaming, "ON YOUR LEFT!" as I approach but most of the time they can't hear me. I get a lot of dirty looks because people are so freaked out when a bike passes them out of nowhere - they have no idea that I am there. I end up slowing WAY down and swinging very wide when I can but often I still get treated like some public nusance.
Air horns work great!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Drewdane said:
Try not putting your bike where people are likely to be walking.
Agreed. I hate when people leave their bikes in the walking traffic lanes.
I have had riders lean their bike against the FRONT of a newspaper box! I bought my paper, opened the box door, let the bike crash to the ground and left it there. I never touched it. NMP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.