Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm so excited!

I just bought a 2003 Gary Fisher sugar 1 team issue frame on the german ebay. I would like to use it for marathonracing. I want to build it sub 22lbs. I got already some components:
bontrager race lite 2001 wheels
xtr 8-speed sti shifter/brakes
xtr rear derailleur
Race face next lp cranckarms
slr 'roses' seat
dura ace 8speed casette
wcs headset
bontrager race seatpost

For the other components, I was thinking about a sid fork, but concerning the fork i'm doubting between a 80mm or a 100mm, also thinking about a wcs handelbar, stem combo and some light avid v's. Do you have any ideas, comments, pls let me know! Note that I 'm the poorest college student in town, and I like it (as long as I got some beautifull bikes)

It would be cool too, if you could show me your sugars to get me inspired!!

cheers

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
sugars are sweet

I considered getting one - they are light, but prices were way to high whereever I looked.

For the fork I recommend the Noleen MegaAir. True 3.0lb, 100mm (+0/-20mm) and 32mm stanchions. Plus they are about $125 on ebay. A great fork, even for those not on a budget. You will have trouble hitting 22lb, but I think you will get to mid 22.

tarzan said:
Hey, I'm so excited!

I just bought a 2003 Gary Fisher sugar 1 team issue frame on the german ebay. I would like to use it for marathonracing. I want to build it sub 22lbs. I got already some components:
bontrager race lite 2001 wheels
xtr 8-speed sti shifter/brakes
xtr rear derailleur
Race face next lp cranckarms
slr 'roses' seat
dura ace 8speed casette
wcs headset
bontrager race seatpost

For the other components, I was thinking about a sid fork, but concerning the fork i'm doubting between a 80mm or a 100mm, also thinking about a wcs handelbar, stem combo and some light avid v's. Do you have any ideas, comments, pls let me know! Note that I 'm the poorest college student in town, and I like it (as long as I got some beautifull bikes)

It would be cool too, if you could show me your sugars to get me inspired!!

cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.