Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i moved to wisconsin at the end of may, and so far wasnt impressed with what ountain biking ive found in the state so far. A lot of people have reccomended the upper pennisula of michigan. Rode michigan tech trails which were pretty sweet but with gas real high, not worth visiting on a regular basis. So then a few people suggested copper harbor

this my friends is the promised land.

deer on the way there

my riding buddy cam's house in houghton (met these guys last week at mit)

downtown

heading over

ride pics

lake malgenese (sure i spelled that wrong)

scenic overlook of hancock / houghton

bad picture, but where the eastern / central time zone line is

hope yall liked the pics

·
Registered
3,791 Posts

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marquette is closer ... but i was waiting till i get saturdays off so i can go when the lift is running

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks for the fine pics of your UP riding. As for Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Biking Guide is distributed at several Welcome Centers and other places around the state and look for it on travelwisconsin.com. There should be lots of suitable trails in the national forests in the northern part of the state. And also lots of trails for more general purpose cycling in much of the state. And of course, you can look up trails right here on mtbr. :) -GT2005

·
Arrrgggghhh!!
281 Posts
Anybody have any good pics of the Marquette area tech trails. I've had a family cabin near there (between Marquette and Big Bay) for all my life (pre-mtb) and now that I'm hooked on mtb and living in Colorado I rarely get back there. I'm trying to get some peeps from out here to make a roadtrip to the family place with awesome biking as the lure, but pics are hard to come by.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im in the minocqua area ... and have ridden a fair amount of the stuff near here ... only place i was impressed with was smoke n spoke .... ravens not bad either

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Great pics, looks like a fun ride. Can you bike at Mount Bohemia in the summer? Oh theres the gay bar and the gay fire department in Gay, Michigan. I've seen some t-shirts they sell.

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
I'd say get your fill now ... you won't believe the amount of snow that the Keeweenaw peninsula and the rest of the UP gets over the Winter. That said, the snowmobiling is epic.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will be in wisconsin till august .... so i can still ride whats here im just saying i have been fairly unimpressed with what ive found so far .... im open to sugesstions and seeing whats good

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Sounds like you're hard to please. Dirt is dirt, and damned near anything is fun to ride.

You have yet to make it to:
Levis Trow Mound
Human Power Trails
Blue Mound
Kettles
Rock Lake Loop
Ojibwa Trail

Don't write off the midwest as being weak til you hit up at least one if not two of those systems.

·
Frt Range, CO
2,576 Posts
Melt said:
i will be in wisconsin till august .... i have been fairly unimpressed with what ive found so far ....
What a burden to share yourself with people that aren't from your homestate, I bet you're a joy to ride with! Soon you'll be back where you belong. Safe travels :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.