Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Damjana and I went on the annual character building (aka brain boiling ;) ) ride up the sunny side of Stol.We cunningly calculated the starting time so we happened upon the main (out in the open) part of the climb at the most appropriate time: 12:00 to 14:00h.Topping it off was the 35 C heat in the shadow.Shame there was no shadow to be had :p
Anyway, it was a perfect day, a grueling climb, a fantastic traverse and a really rocky descent (of which I have no pics because the battery died just before we reached it).

The pics:

The mountain is waiting...

Damjana kissing the water :) We took every opportunity to drink early on

Ahhh, shadow!This was the last one.

The climb was just starting and we were already looking down on most of the surrounding hills

Beauty

A secret passenger

Home sweet home

Real mountains.We were only on a kiddie version ;)

Testing the Dawg Deluxe.Schweeet!

Puffy bushes :)

Last week we were up there.Good times!

Just before takeoff

Carving turns with a view

More pics HERE.

Marko

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ArmySlowRdr said:
awesome. i almost missed the sky parachuter in the one pic.
Yes, but did you see the crow sitting on the pole between the two bushes?
Stol is one of the two popular (and apparently world renowned, since we had countless national championships other than our own, euro and even a world championship in recent years) points for parachuting and hang gliding in our region.

And by the way, that guy in the pic was far from alone ;)

Marko

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warm is a bit of an understatement, I guess.But that's why they call it character building :p

Marko

·
Registered
914 Posts
We normally choose hottest day of the year for hardest ride too :) For last few years we were always lucky enough to get our hardest and longest rides on hottest day... not to mention that starting at 7:00 is way too early for cycling, so we are climbing somewhere around noon too :rolleyes:

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Primoz, you were looking at the wrong Stol ;)
If you look closely at the pic scorpionwoman attached you'll see Krn in the background.

Marko

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.