Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 60 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Just changed out the stock Maxxis Ardent tires to Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 front and Nobby Nic 2.35 rear.
So any updates to these tires? Still loving them?

I'm itching to buy some new rubber for next season and I'm stuck looking at the HD/NN combo. But I think I'd go with the 2.25 NN rear just in case. My recent rides with the 2.4/2.25 Ardents in the mud have been quite eye opening for me, especially since the Ardents have been killer in the dry summer riding months.

·
Registered
748 Posts
brrrr

Riding in the Chuckanut Mountains today.

Attachments

·
Bnerd
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Nice!

I've only ridden Chukanut once and it was rather lacklustre. But I was trying to find my own way around with no tips on where to go.
Your pics show that there is a lot that I missed out on!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, the Chuckanuts have some sweet trails. you just gotta find 'em. Ever been to Blanchard Mountain just south of the Chuckanuts? Some good stuff over there as well. There's trails being built to connect the two. If you ever want a tour, drop a line. I'll show you the goods.

·
Bnerd
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yeah, the Chuckanuts have some sweet trails. you just gotta find 'em. Ever been to Blanchard Mountain just south of the Chuckanuts? Some good stuff over there as well. There's trails being built to connect the two. If you ever want a tour, drop a line. I'll show you the goods.
No I haven't.
I've ridden a few times at Galbraith. On the last few bike trips it has just been a day stop/ride when coming through Bellingham and we chose Galbraith because we knew where to ride.

Thanks for the offer! I/we may have to take you up on that the next time we head down that way!

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I love chuckanut!

Galbaith is rad too....obviously!
Chucknaut has more steep loamy downhill....even some steep shore singletrack stuff. Love the rock staircase up against the cliff, between raptor and salal.
The building scene in B-ham is so cool.... props
If you guys are ever around seattle and want a locals tour, lemme know.

Playdead, too bad last weekend didn't work out, we'll do some riding for sure.

Rode the Honzo again tonight, loving it!

·
Bnerd
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Dusting the winter cobwebs off...

...and trying to remember how flow on the bike!
The first ride of the season yesterday down in Squamish as the snow has yet to melt out in the valley in Whistler. Although, I've been checking the trails in my neighbourhood and it'll only take about a week if the warm weather and rain keep up! :)

P4050070.JPG

·
Bnerd
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
A new vid

Same course as last year but a different camera mount.
Enjoy!

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/67476846">AND AGAIN!</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user7560246">RideEverything</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p> <p>The title reflects the theme of the video.<br /> WORCA (Whistler Off Road Cycling Association) holds weekly Toonie Rides throughout the biking season in Whistler. They are social rides/races that are held on local trails throughout the valley. After the ride/race a local business provides dinner and beer(s).<br /> This is the second time that this course has been run. I filmed and made a video last year. I thought I'd do it again.<br /> It's the second time pedaling up through the Whistler Olympic Sliding Centre.<br /> "And Again" references the amount of waiting that happened on the descending portion of the course. That happens when there is a wide selection of rider abilities and slick conditions!</p>

Here's a link to last year's vid:
https://vimeo.com/44914994

or you can go back through this thread to find and watch it.

·
Bnerd
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Honzo Dirt Jumping

This a short phone vid of me hitting a small line of dirt jumps in the rain.
Sorry, I don't have much steez. It seemed to be turned off while we were sessioning here.
This bike is still very fun and versatile!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, it was a bit slick. Great day on the trails. Some off the top of my head that we did were Credit Line, Mike's Loop, Kiki, Crouching Squirrel Hidden Monkey, Wonderland and a bunch more. There's a ton of stuff. It was a long day on the trails. Slept great!

·
Bnerd
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Managed to get organized and got to Squamish to ride the fine trails!

PA060025.jpg

Some post processing magic.
PA060025_stitch.jpg

PA060049.jpg
My friend isn't riding a Honzo but it is the same rock line from a different angle. I also like how the sequence stitching work out.
PA060037_stitch.jpg

·
Bnerd
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Second ride this season and I still love riding the Honzo!
The new wheels I had built are burly! I haven't much finesse at the moment so the rear wheel is taking a beating. I've clanged it off of a few rocks and not a dent to be seen. It's still spinning true. I did, however, pinch flat. I'm waiting until I'm riding regularly before I go to tubeless with these wheels. Right now I'm not riding much so I think it would be a waste of goop to set them up.

It would seem that I still remember how to ride a bike. The cobwebs are slowly being dusted off of the bike riding skills. It actually looks like I know how to corner here!

P4130029.jpg

41 - 60 of 189 Posts