Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have online coupons for 15% off a pair of tires and buy one/get on free tubes. Not screaming deals of the centuries, but if you have to have some tires now (they do have a pretty good selection), the coupon makes the set on par with mailorder pricing when you factor in shipping and even taxes.

Example: George's has Continental Vertical Protection kevlars for $45.99 each which is the same as Performance. Right now Performance has a coupon for $20 off orders $50 or more, but you have to pay about $11 delivery. Without going into the whole "support the lbs vs mailorder" debate, the 15% off coupon makes the decision much, much easier.

Coupon is on the left side of their site under "Coupons and Specials." Just click and print.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Speaking of George's prices...

I wanted to buy a set of Conti GP4000 tires for my road bike. George's had them for $53. I said, "no way, I'm paying that!" And looked on line. The on-line retailers were all the same prices as George's, except for one which was a dollar or two less. With shipping, prices are a wash, but George's gives you instant gratification. George's prices seem good.

In the end, I still think that $53 for a bicycle tire is too much money, and I didn't buy them from anyone. :(

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
Tire Fetish

43 bucks on Bike Tires Direct - and they come in edible colors Yum!

Pumpin4X - thanks, my basement tire collection is to big already, no need to add another dust collector. I gave away a pair of vert pros to a friend because I felt better that they are being used rather than sit in the dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'm the last to know, but you can return Specialized tires for a replacement of equal value if not 100% satisfied.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
surly_an_instigator said:
Sorry danK, you cant return tires, once you ride them...they are yours.
Didn't mean to post bad info. Someone sent me the link from Specialized after I did not believe it. Of course now I can't find it.

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
Looks like Specialized wants their customers to be happy with their product.

If you buy online from the Big S you get 30 day no questions asked return policy.

I'am sure Specialized would be happy if the LBS provided the same No Fault Guarantee but that's a local decision they can't dictate.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crash_Burn said:
Looks like Specialized wants their customers to be happy with their product.

If you buy online from the Big S you get 30 day no questions asked return policy.

I'am sure Specialized would be happy if the LBS provided the same No Fault Guarantee but that's a local decision they can't dictate.
The link/url I saw basically read "If you are not 100% satisfied with your Specialized tire, return it for an exchange for equal value of any Specialized product." I could not believe it, but it was right there (real Speci site, not some knockoff or Euro site).

·
******-fied facsimiles
399 Posts
WOW!!! I stand corrected, I just refered to our in-store dealer packet from specialized and you are very right, glad they could let a top ten dealer know what the hell is going on. I will follow with this though, it is for a credit toward other specialized product only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts