Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Still learning
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly off-topic maybe, but I thought I'd share these.

Today the fourth UCI/fifth Probikx BMX round was held out at Knox (Melbourne, Australia) - being walking distance from my place I headed down there.

These are some of my favs (though the absolute best ones I've decided to keep from posting) which I thought I'd share. Most of these have lost a bit of detail since I wanted to keep them under 1MB total, but if anyone wants high res shots which aren't cropped etc, let me know.

Hope there's not too many here - there's plenty more which turned out quite well.

This girl was getting heaps of air off the jumps, consistently. Dunno what it was but she was really launching it off that second double.

Another one, just happened to catch this one while they were practicing.

These kinds of shots I think worked out really well. Some might disagree, but I've taken a few with the front rider ahead of focus, with the other riders coming around behind. The compression I've used here to keep the size down doesn't help though.

A few I've got here were taken up close coming into the first right hander, which came out well.

In the higher classes you'd get shots like this were everyone was just running identical.

Some more racing, coming out of the right hander.

Dunno what it is about this shot but it's one of my favorites.

Another of my faves, along with some of the other closeups I got when these guys were going hard at it in the actual heats.

I just happened to be at the right corner for this, where all the spills happen. Under 14s finals, he was running third until this. Yeah, he's still sliding in this shot, and yes, that bike is eventually going to collide with second place.

Another turn 1 close-up.

Elite men, final, turn 1. Unfortunately ended up slightly out of focus :(

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
sweet pics....thanks for sharing......did you 'burst the photos" and have the next frame where the 3rd place crash took out the second placer

·
Still learning
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, I didn't unfortunately. Few things are being a bit funny with the camera settings at the moment preventing me taking multiple shots. Previously I've been able to take four shots in burst but that's not the case for some reason at the moment.

The other rider fortunately didn't get taken out, just ended up hitting a bit of a bump :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.