Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We built this drop 2 weeks ago during some very rainy times. Saturday it was finally dry enough to hit. Well this morning I brought the camera along. Things were well until Naked decided to hit it! :eek:

1. Mooseknuck hits it first
2. El C a little nose heavy. (Take one)
3. El C take two. Much better
4. Naked goes nose heavy, washes out, and goes down hard. Video to come soon!

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A few more shots from last week of the hip....You'll see from the video we shot today that most of us are hitting it like a straight forward stepdown. I've been trying to whip it a little, but I'm still too scared to really let it rip.

1. naked
2. Wasea
3. Moose

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Faster than you'd think. Probably 10mph or so. Naked and i hit it too fast on Saturday, making for a rough landing. I hit it twice this mornign to try to get the speed dialed.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Nice feature fellas! Looks to be a solid 15'
No you di'nt.......I had to check the url and I'm not on Pinkbike!

Looks killer El C. Nice looking tranny there. I love features where you come in blind and have to carry a bit of speed off of them. As they say in my parts.....Commit or Eat Sh!t.

EB

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trailadvent said:
EL C bro, that's a big drop to be hittn with a Zen if it goes pear s!
ya got a FF, maybe time ;)
But the barrel trail is an XC ride!!! :rolleyes:

The FF saved Naked's face this morning. Made me reconsider by choice for sure!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
AW_ said:
Nice work! Any chance you could hit it backwards as a step up?

edit: I see I'm not alone with this thought. Posted before reading the others.
No. There's nothing close by to help you generate the speed you'd need to do a step up.

Maybe if you got a tow from a motorcycle.:thumbsup: :nono:

Nice work you guys.... that looks much bigger and scarier from below. As you approach the lip, the top of the tranny appears to be perfectly in line with your fall angle and all of about 2 feet away........ as you can see though, the gap and the drop are considerably bigger than that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.