Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to return my loved 6" Juicy 7s as they were borrowed until 06' models were supposed to arrive down here.
Now I am having trouble to decide between the regular 7s and the carbon ones. Is a bit of carbon really worth the extra $$s on brakes? Just some few grams can't really be worth 100$ over, or is it?
Then I'm bouncing between 6" front and 8" front to go on a Talas on a medium Intense 5.5.
I'm some 200 pounds + and sometimes felt that the front 6" made me put too much effort on steep descents, especially when it got heated. They did work fine on all other cases, and I also prefer the 6" look. I'm not an aggressive rider, no real downhill skills, but rather slower on the technical descents. Do you think that those occasions require the extra 2" up front?

·
Meh.
17,470 Posts
copello said:
I have to return my loved 6" Juicy 7s as they were borrowed until 06' models were supposed to arrive down here.
Now I am having trouble to decide between the regular 7s and the carbon ones. Is a bit of carbon really worth the extra $$s on brakes? Just some few grams can't really be worth 100$ over, or is it?
Then I'm bouncing between 6" front and 8" front to go on a Talas on a medium Intense 5.5.
I'm some 200 pounds + and sometimes felt that the front 6" made me put too much effort on steep descents, especially when it got heated. They did work fine on all other cases, and I also prefer the 6" look. I'm not an aggressive rider, no real downhill skills, but rather slower on the technical descents. Do you think that those occasions require the extra 2" up front?
Carbon is super expensive this year. I personally don't think it's worth the extra money. You can use a 180mm rotor up front. I know Avid makes them... or they did. It should work great for you. 8 inch rotors really do make a huge difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.