Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted questions about unit vs inbred vs km. I would also like to throw the Soma Juice 29er in the mix. Weighing in at 5.06 lbs its fairly light and I like the simplicity of the horizontal dropouts. The price is around $430. Question is how does it ride? Does the km climb better with a shorter chainstay? Is anyone riding one?
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just got off of mine and I'm a very happy camper. I mated mine up to the On-One fork and things ride quite nice both in the twisty and the rocky bombin stuff. I think that the first batch is all gone though so you may want to call around to see if you can get your hands on the size you need. I'm 6'2" and the 18" fits like I like with a 400mm seatpost.

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
EricJames said:
I recently posted questions about unit vs inbred vs km. I would also like to throw the Soma Juice 29er in the mix. Weighing in at 5.06 lbs its fairly light and I like the simplicity of the horizontal dropouts. The price is around $430. Question is how does it ride? Does the km climb better with a shorter chainstay? Is anyone riding one?
Thanks,
Eric
I've only got a couple of rides on mine, but I think it climbs as well as a KM, with alot lower stand-over. My XL weighed 5.25# and the final build was just under 26#. I could easily loose a couple lbs just changing tires and a couple other parts. As you know the KM comes with a fork, but you can get the Juice and a KM fork for about the same money. It's well worth a look.

Steve

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
its a great bike...

i love mines. plus most people are sleeping on them. its nice to have a bike that is not common. nice welds, sweet paint, dialled geometry all for 400 plus?, please ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts