Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Wickflow performance headband. It has a channel along the bottom of the fabric. Very light but really works. Guys in Florida love it. I've tried them all and this really works, plus it isn't hot to wear. Got mine on Amazon.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
No, but I'd kill myself if I lived in Florida.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why's that? I love it here...mostly.
im guessing because the state is so flat, at least that's why I wouldn't want to live in FL (although, I may not mind living in Miami or the Keys, but there goes any access to anything mtb related)

most other people would probably hate the heat and humidity.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
Flat, oppressively hot and humid, bugs, snakes, just wouldn't ever want to live there. There are other places where you can live somewhere hot where you need to run A/C all the time if that's your thing, where you can have access to mountains and backcountry at the same time.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
im guessing because the state is so flat, at least that's why I wouldn't want to live in FL (although, I may not mind living in Miami or the Keys, but there goes any access to anything mtb related)

most other people would probably hate the heat and humidity.
Have you ever ridden in FL? The trails are surprisingly good in the right areas. Of course, there's no real elevation but there are some great technical trails there. I'm not saying I want to move, but I always try to get a couple rides in whenever I go to visit the state.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Have you ever ridden in FL? The trails are surprisingly good in the right areas. Of course, there's no real elevation but there are some great technical trails there. I'm not saying I want to move, but I always try to get a couple rides in whenever I go to visit the state.
Ya, and poo flavored ice cream isn't so bad once you get past the whole diarrhea flavoring thing too!

P.S. I've ridden all over Florida. If you're on anything "bigger" than a CX bike you're doing it wrong.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'd kill myself if I lived in florida and claimed to be mt biking.
How can it be mt biking if there are no mountains?

Florida has some cool bike parks but if you want to bomb some crazy descent then you're outta luck.

Midwest was worse though. I think it was Iowa and northern Illinois were flat and boring.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Ya, and poo flavored ice cream isn't so bad once you get past the whole diarrhea flavoring thing too!

P.S. I've ridden all over Florida. If you're on anything "bigger" than a CX bike you're doing it wrong.
LOL. I'll take your word about the poo flavored ice cream, but if you are only riding stuff in FL that is ideal for a CX bike, you're missing out. The Red trail around the Vortex area in Santos is decent riding no matter where you are.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sweatbuster - hands down the ONLY solution if you sweat hard... tried every contraption, head band, "channel" etc... sweat buster works. I have a rotation of 5 of them and gifted a couple others... no affiliation - just a very happy consumer that my money was well spent and the product makes a difference

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Has anyone tried the Wickflow performance headband. It has a channel along the bottom of the fabric. Very light but really works. Guys in Florida love it. I've tried them all and this really works, plus it isn't hot to wear. Got mine on Amazon.
Florida? You're doing it wrong. 95F, max humidity and heatstroke, riding sand and mangrove swamps, awesome! Not. I don't live in FL, thank goodness. Isn't that where old people go just waiting to die? I would hang my self with an awesome strap first.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Was that to deal with the sweat or a special Initiation Ceremony??
Perhaps. We got the idea from pro MXers who started it. Unfortunately none of us made pro even though doing it. Of course we wouldn't go into the store and buy them ourselves. We had our wives or GFs buy them, or just raided their stash. "Hey hun, you have a spare maxi-pad I can borrow?" Typically though, they used tampons, which didn't work quite as well for our purposes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts