Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read around and i know that you can raise the travel of the stock 32 ctd fork to 140mm by removing the spacers, but i can not for the life of me figure out how to remove them, can someone point me to a guide somewhere?

And I was thinking I want to get a pike for the solo. Would the geometry be the same for the 140mm pike with a 0 stack headset as the 130mm fox that comes on it?

·
Registered
505 Posts

Travel adjust for 2013 Fox Float forks =====> Fox Racing Shox service -QuickTech - Float travel adjust

A stock 27.5 Fox 32 CTD 130 is around 518mm axle to crown
my 27.5 Pike with the 140 airshaft is around 534mm axle to crown
A standard external 49/40 lower headset has a stack of around 7mm, a zero stack is around 2mm..

the only headsets I can find that has a 49/40zs are the old stock FSA Gravity 4.. or FSA Gravity 2..
these are no longer made. They were for straight 49mm headtubes and adapt tapered forks
there is still some on the shelves in the UK and europe. They are relatively cheap. When you open the box they look it.
the lower zero stack is a loose caged bearing with a race for the fork crown and a race that presses into the headtube
it has very little protection for weather. In a wet climate it would need to be removed cleaned and lubed often
the stack height for this is around 2mm so you save around 5mm in front ride height...
considering the quality and hassle of finding and sourcing this 49/40zs ..doesn't really seem worth it

the Pike is a great fork but I'm thinking it's a little overkill for the Solo.
mine may find it's way onto another bike to be replaced with a Revelation at some point.
Especially since Avalanche racing has started doing Revelation 20mm cartridge kits
A 27.5 Revelation RL can be had for under $400- the Avy kit is around $375
Avalanche Downhill Racing -RockShox Revelation kit

Avalanche may start doing the kits for Fox32 CTD forks in the future

·
Registered
505 Posts
So if i am understanding the fuide right, you need to change the bumper. Where would I find a new one? I thought I would be removing something like this...Fox Fork Travel Spacers | Fox Racing Shox | Brand | www.PricePoint.com
wrong ones --those are for the Float forks prior to 2013

You would need to replace the "shuttle bumper" with the correct one for your fork
you would order the correct shuttle bumper from Fox
there was a table at the beginning of the linked page that has the part numbers

Fox airspring assemblies table

1 - 6 of 6 Posts