Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live near Terra Nativa / Castlerock and occasionally go for solo night rides on Table Rock or walk my dog on the ridge at night.

My neighbor across the street found part of deer in his backyard on Saturday morning. The front part of the deer, from the belly forward. :eekster: The back half of the deer was nowhere to be found. He called Fish & Game to notify them and remove the carcass. Sunday morning the front half was gone, but it wasn't F&G that removed it.

Coincidentally another neighbor noticed some large kitty prints in the mud behind her house on Saturday.

We have coyotes in the neighborhood, but they are usually really noisy. I'm also not sure that they can rip a deer in half and cart off the remains stealthily.

So, I'm assuming that (deer/2)+paw prints = cougar.

I think I'll curtail the solo night rides and dog trots until the bigger animals head for the hills.

HH

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Somebody bend me over and call me Betty. There are no cougars. They're all extinct - gone the way of the dodo bird, the passenger pidgeon, the wooly mammoth and parachute pants. It was all part of a plot by "the corporations" to subdue the earth and make the masses bland. "The corporations" have got kids so messed up on Bud Light and football these days that "the corporations" can light up some warlord in Somalia and the kids wouldn't even give a rat's sphincter. So go out and ride, ride brotha, rise above and ride.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TwistedCrank said:
Somebody bend me over and call me Betty....
Hey, Betty - Stand up straight so I can ask ya a question, would ya?

Are you saying my favorite pants aren't totally b1tchin any more?! Dang! :cryin:

Yeah, I'm sure the lights and the noise of the bike would keep my imaginary pets at bay. A buddy of mine described my dog perfectly when he referred to it as a Golden Retard, though. Dang critter can't even figure out how to fetch me a Bud Light! It's him I worry about. :D

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
My LAST solo night ride was followed up the next morning by Flip emailing me photos of a big-a$$ed cougar that was spotted that night within a quarter mile of yours truly....

CDB

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Double H said:
I live near Terra Nativa / Castlerock and occasionally go for solo night rides on Table Rock or walk my dog on the ridge at night.

My neighbor across the street found part of deer in his backyard on Saturday morning. The front part of the deer, from the belly forward. :eekster: The back half of the deer was nowhere to be found. He called Fish & Game to notify them and remove the carcass. Sunday morning the front half was gone, but it wasn't F&G that removed it.

Coincidentally another neighbor noticed some large kitty prints in the mud behind her house on Saturday.

We have coyotes in the neighborhood, but they are usually really noisy. I'm also not sure that they can rip a deer in half and cart off the remains stealthily.

So, I'm assuming that (deer/2)+paw prints = cougar.

I think I'll curtail the solo night rides and dog trots until the bigger animals head for the hills.

HH
If you go night riding, always go with someone slower than you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.