Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just got a new Recon 351 Solo Air, supposed to be 140mm but it keeps sucking down to 130mm when I pressure up. I'm pretty sure it's because too much air is getting into the neg chamber, but there's no way to directly change it. Anyone have this problem, have a nifty solution? If this keeps happening I'm just going to stick a pike spring in there with a U-turn top cap.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, measured it myself. Plus, it's replacing a 130mm RS fork which turns out to be a handy guage. When I push down on the lowers I can get it to extend to 140mm, but then the neg chamber pushes it back down to 130mm.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The two chambers equalize at 'top-out'. If the 'valve' and assosciated seal that is allowing equilization, is dry or dammaged...it would not equalize correctly.

It is certaily possible that the problem is not user correctable, it is surely worth the 5 min to verify the o-rings and lube. I am sure you have seen your fair share of forks of ALL brands that have incorrect lube volume straight out og the box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.