Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
spenco insole

Jesterrider said:
Anyone using a shoe insert that they really like. Sole brand inserts are 'heat moldable' and i wondered if they were any good for $40.

Thoughts?
I use spenco rubber shoe insert. Spenco sells flat and arch insoles. They are very good because they provide cushion to absorb shock from walking motion. You can add arch and flat insole into the shoes to double the cushion. I do not recommend non-rubber insole because they get crush easily and never bounce back like spenco insole.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jesterrider said:
Anyone using a shoe insert that they really like. Sole brand inserts are 'heat moldable' and i wondered if they were any good for $40.

Thoughts?
I use a pair of the heat moldable inserts and they made a huge difference in the comfort of my Sidis. I was getting hotspots with the cheap stock inserts, but with the molded ones they feel great.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
stock liners that come with shoes suck.
Superfeet helped me a little. I even tried the specialized BG shoes with the special insert. That didn't do much either. Finally broke down and got custom ones from www.wellfeet.com. Helped quite a bit with power transfer. Hot foot has gotten much better, but is still there a little.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,440 Posts
Sole

I've got a way high arch in my foot. I've tried several brands of insoles. SOLE are the best I've tried so far simply because they have the highest arch. And if you have a lower arch, well, that's what the heat molding thing is for.

Still, I think I'll need to go to custom orthopedics. I need more arch support yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.