Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to purchase a Xeon S at my lbs this weekend, they told me they are all sold out!!
They said they won't be able to order them until the fall. I could purchase a bottom of the line Xeon now at a good price;) . Would it be worth waiting for the S or go cheap and upgrading.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I understand the base model is really inexpensive at the moment-it may be worth the cost. It just depends on the upgrades you're willing to make. I beleive the frames are the same so the shocks will likely be the most obvious place for an upgrade. I say go for it! and enjoy

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah, haro is closing out on the baseline xeon. with the money you save buying the lower end model you could make some killer upgrades. i would probably start out with wheels or suspension. but even as stock its a really sick bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like Green fish still has the Xeon S in stock. But I'm not to sure about ordering a bike over the internet. I feel that the Xeon S offers a little more bike for the money. Has any one ordered a bike from Green fish before? Any feed back would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
for 700 more than the xeon you get a hell of alot more bike. good choice! never used green fish though....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The frames are exactly the same between all 3 Xeon models...just the frame paint and spec are different.

The Xeon S is a great value...it's got a nice spec on it if you can find one. The Xeon is also a great value since we are closing them out right now. You can always upgrade the parts you don't want and still have money in the bank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.