Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
always licking the glass
2,388 Posts
I'm pumped to hear that GG is expanding. who knows what they have in store, honestly I'm just hoping for more of the same. 2021 is going to be a heck of a year for the cycling industry. I think a small domestic manufacturer that can be fleet-of-foot unlike much larger brands could possibly be a blessing. If that means they have to take a break for a few months to have a smooth rollout in spring, then I'm all about it.

The weight and the impact of buying something "made in the usa" or on this continent right now is different than it was a year ago. Also pumped to hear about WR1 jumping into the ring with an upcoming trail bike.
I'm really curious myself. As a brand ambassador, this type of thing makes me a bit crazy, because I can't help anyone out As soon as I know something, I'll post on MTBR. Right now, I have no idea what's going on over there.

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Hi All.
Finally, apologies again to the folks out there who did not get the correct level of service from the brand so far. I hope you give us another chance, by utilizing the form linked above, and ultimately receive a care-level that exceeds expectations.

Thanks,
Marshal
Thanks for the update Marshal. It's good to get a perspective of what you guys are dealing with so we understand what's happening on the customer side of the equation. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to see what GG has in the works for 2021. :cool:

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
A couple people voiced there experiences with GG with civility IMO.
Regardless of how much I like a brand I do think it's totally fair game for a paying customer to express their opinion about the product/service online. Particularly if they feel let down. :p

Personally I do try and resolve issues with a company before I'll post about things online, but I appreciate that after a certain amount of time/effort folks are going to get frustrated and want to vent. That's normal. I'm not going to tell them that's not appropriate. :skep:

GG has always taken good care of me and these are exceptional times in the bike industry so I'm prepared to cut them a lot of slack.

I hope everyone gets their issues resolved as soon as possible. Particularly the folks waiting on Pedalheads. I'm really curious what the new version looks like as I am loving riding hardtails at the moment and I could see myself getting a PH if the geo/features tick all the modern HT boxes. :)

·
Straight out tha traila
1,025 Posts
If you didn't get the memo........

GG BIKES BACK IN STOCK!

The Frame Maker 3000 is up and running at our new location.

Limited availability - get yours while you can!

·
battle stag commander
207 Posts
I didnt quite get an answer as to why all the 29er models are still sold out. Could be lack of seatstay kits, 29 wheels, or shocks for those models, or a combination, or something else. They are dedicating all seatstay kits to complete frames right now which makes sense. I think the fact that they will be selling complete enduro and trail bikes, regardless of wheel size right now is remarkable. Vertically integrated and domestic manufacturing is a winning recipe any time in my book, but right now its a huge selling point. Fingers crossed they can stay on top of parts sourcing. We are rooting for you, GG!

·
Straight out tha traila
1,025 Posts
I didnt quite get an answer as to why all the 29er models are still sold out. Could be lack of seatstay kits, 29 wheels, or shocks for those models, or a combination, or something else. They are dedicating all seatstay kits to complete frames right now which makes sense. I think the fact that they will be selling complete enduro and trail bikes, regardless of wheel size right now is remarkable. Vertically integrated and domestic manufacturing is a winning recipe any time in my book, but right now its a huge selling point. Fingers crossed they can stay on top of parts sourcing. We are rooting for you, GG!

Agreed! A look at their "jobs" page is worth a look. They're hiring for some quality $ jobs. 👍

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks, man, appreciate your support!

There are a number of hoops to jump through for the other models, but long story short, GG won't be selling and components that are not inbound or onhand for 2021 / until this supply chain stuff cools down. The rug got pulled out from us by many vendors just arbitrarily changing dates with no notice, sometimes multiple times and up to 6+mo additional lead times... obviously it is the rider who ultimately lost in that scenario... so anyways... more to come as they say.

But despite the above, could not be more fired up for 2021 and what GG has in the works. As you correctly point out, the only way to successfully navigate all these challenges is with short, tight, and dynamic supply chains, and that describes GG to the letter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also wanted to thank a few posters in this thread that raised some concerns on Customer Service and take a moment to express my apologies again as well. I take that stuff seriously, am very regretful that you experienced such things, and wanted to confirm a number of changes to the internal process and staffing plan have occurred to ensure that GG is always there for our riders. By consolidating all CS touchpoints to a single destination, taking it out of email and into a proper CS software tool (Zendesk), GG can now monitor response time, open/unresolved inquiries, etc much more efficiently. Here is to a much better 2021. With thanks, Marshal the Marketing Director.

·
Registered
16 Posts
About to put up a 2020 GG Smash on pinkbike if anyone is interested. Located in Reno, NV. Will post link once listing is up.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
its a Facebook ad - shows in my mobile feed and I've seen it a couple times now - they want you to sign up for the dispatch to the "first to know" and claim "the wait is almost over"....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Matt had a picture from a recent ride with the frame blurred out which makes me thing he's on one of these new models doing a bit of product testing. Always exciting to see new stuff from GG!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also wanted to thank a few posters in this thread that raised some concerns on Customer Service and take a moment to express my apologies again as well. I take that stuff seriously, am very regretful that you experienced such things, and wanted to confirm a number of changes to the internal process and staffing plan have occurred to ensure that GG is always there for our riders. By consolidating all CS touchpoints to a single destination, taking it out of email and into a proper CS software tool (Zendesk), GG can now monitor response time, open/unresolved inquiries, etc much more efficiently. Here is to a much better 2021. With thanks, Marshal the Marketing Director.
Thank you for your help in getting my issue looked into, it is now smooth sailing with Dustin!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts