Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Suffering Mightily
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thrash testing these boys for six months now and have decided that they were worth every penny. I like using a square taper bb also. Included is the obligatory topcap photo.
Cheers!
Drbbt

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
been wondering

thanks for the quick review, I've been wondering about these cranks for a bit and just how strong the chainring is. Do you do technical rides that hit logs and rocks and stuff?

thanks
bob

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I have ridden a set of these since May, and absolutely thrashed them. I weigh in at 215 and bang the hell out of mine with no problems.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is good to hear. I just scored a set of lightly used enos off flea bay with the chainring and bottom bracket for 118 bucks. I hope they're great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
After 1 year of use...

...my Eno cranks are still going strong. Some wear on the rings, but nothing out of the ordinary. As others have mentioned, no ability to run a bash guard. I have never felt the need for one, but riding here in Michigan isn't know for eating chainrings. ;)

·
Suffering Mightily
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BB is a 113, top cap is from the now-legendary Fast Freddy---been away from the forum for some time, so I dont know if he's still selling these things---but he used to have a website. I suggest you page him in a new thread.
Cheers,
Drbbt

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
thanks for reminding me!

Drbbt said:
BB is a 113, top cap is from the now-legendary Fast Freddy---been away from the forum for some time, so I dont know if he's still selling these things---but he used to have a website. I suggest you page him in a new thread.
Cheers,
Drbbt
I knew I needed to do something for FF. I need to update his site.

http://www.fast-freddy.com/

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I am thinking of going to these as my beloved turbines become less and less available. Are they available in Black? Any plans to do a non proprietary chainring design later?

·
Combat Wombat
1,673 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts