Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

I hate to let this rocket ship go, but I have bike ADD and rarely keep any longer than 12-18 months. I purchased this XL Epic HT as a complete base model in May of 2020 and stripped off everything but the headset and seat collar to build it up with top end parts. The frame is the same as any Epic HT except the S-Works. The bike has been incredibly impressive. It is obviously an amazing climber, but the progressive geometry and burlier build give it some serious descending chops. My other bikes while I've owned this were an SB150 and Pivot Phoenix 29 and the Epic blows me away how little it gives up on descents until things really get chunky. This was my first singlespeed trail bike which I've loved and learned a lot from. 32x20 gearing and extremely low weight get it moving very quickly. Strava is reading 504 miles as of 8/01. This will keep going up, but not by a lot. Owned by a shop service manager and will be completely stripped, cleaned, and rebuilt upon purchase. Im negotiable as far as the build and would be willing to sell without wheels, seatpost, or whatever if you wanted to build it a little differently. I do have spare geared drivetrain parts as well. Asking $4,500 as set up below.

Condition:

The bike saw regular maintenance and proper cleaning. It is a 10/10 mechanically and ready for many trouble-free miles. Cosmetically it is still in fantastic shape and any issues are pictured. The top tube's paint on the sides is a little polished from knee rub. There is also one scratch on the top tube from the bars spinning 180 during a crash and the brake lever hitting it. The non-driveside seatstay and seatstau also have one scratch each from the rear tire picking up a big nail and dragging it through the rear triangle once before I managed to lock up the wheel. The wheels are the only part that wasn't brand new on the build so they have more scuffs from bike racks and rocks. Outside of that, everything is in excellent shape.

Components:

Fork: SID Ultimate Raceday 35mm stanchions 120mm travel, 44mm offset

Wheelset: Roval Traverse SL 29 Boost XD - (Pictured in the photo with black tires) These are the last gen model that are quite a bit lighter than the current Traverse SL's. 24/28h with straight pull spokes, DT240 internals with 54t ratchet. Listed weight under 1,600g. I've ridden these for a few years on a few different bikes and they have been impeccably reliable. I've also recently ridden the bike with Roval's new 1,200g control SL wheelset. I was sure it'd be an amazing upgrade, but found that the weight loss only made the bike feel bouncy and unstable. I rode them a few times and swapped back to the Traverses. They lend a lot of stability and sure-footedness to the bike and are still extremely light for an enduro rated wheelset. I'd actually be sad to see these wheels go. Would sell with the Control SL's for $5300.

Tires: FastTrak 2.3 rear and Ground Control 2.3 front, both control casing and tan-wall

Seatpost: BikeYoke Revive 30.9x185mm w/ Triggy remote

Saddle: Specialized Power Expert 155mm

Brakes: SRAM G2 Ultimate, 180mm Sram Centerline X 2pc 6 bolt rotors at both ends with Ti bolts

Crankset: Sram X01 AXS 170mm, 32t chainring, Sram DUB BSA BB

Cassette: Sram GX 10-42

Derailleur: Sram X1

Shifter: Sram GX

Chain: Sram 1130 with currently 0 miles on it

Singlespeed setup (optional): Problem Solvers Zinger XD SS conversion with 18, 19, and 20t cogs. Surly Singleator. This setup works great. Only dropped the chain once about 10 miles into my first ride. Added a bit more tension and never had another issue in all the miles since. Chain is a SRAM 971 with about 50 miles on it.

Stem: RaceFace Atlas 35 - 50mm

Handlebars: Pivot carbon 35mm, 20mm rise, cut to 760mm

Grips: ODI Dreadlock with about 20 miles on them

Cages: S-Works carbon Rib Cage II on the downtube with SWAT multi tool, Specialized Zee plastic cage on the seat tube

Weight is a touch over 21lbs (singlespeed) ready to ride with pedals, cages, computer mount

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.