361 - 380 of 1285 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Action LED Mount

Due to my wonky handlebars, I cannot mount this light perfectly, it always shines to the right (or left). I could use something to attach it to the stem in stead of the bars, is that available?
I use the Action LED mount also, works great but is a bit slippery for MS type o-ring mounting so I epoxied inner tube strips to it, makes for a snug fit.

Blue Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Metal Azure

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm From Portugal and today arrived my SolarStorm X2 XM-L2 version from lightmalls (ordered on 11 Out 2013, arrived today 29 Out 2013).

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Tonight going with 2-SS x2 on the bars powered by my new Xeccon 6 cell, Samsung 7800 mAh soft shell battery. Leonard is another great guy to deal with, great service better pricing than Action, sorry Jim !! Supper fast shipping, 6 cells for slightly more money than 4 cell from Gemini.
I will use the x3 again on the head power by the Gemini 4 cell battery. Thinking about getting just the new Gemini Olympia 2100 light head. Not much info yet on it !!

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Tonight going with 2-SS x2 on the bars powered by my new Xeccon 6 cell, Samsung 7800 mAh soft shell battery. Leonard is another great guy to deal with, great service better pricing than Action, sorry Jim !! Supper fast shipping, 6 cells for slightly more money than 4 cell from Gemini.
I will use the x3 again on the head power by the Gemini 4 cell battery. Thinking about getting just the new Gemini Olympia 2100 light head. Not much info yet on it !!
MTB Revolution; great place to buy good batteries at a great price. :thumbsup:
About the Gemini Olympia 2100; If this is a XM-L2 (U2) version it should make an AWESOME light.

·
Registered
32 Posts
SSC P7 ( same chip of MJ-808 ) and Solarstorm X2 XM-L2

control photo

SSC P7 - Medium

SSCP7 - High

Solarstorm X2 XM-L2 - Low

Solarstorm X2 XM-L2 - Medium

Solarstorm X2 XM-L2 - High

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks for the hints for the handlebar mounts, really useful.

Here's the shots I made yesterday. Using an EOS-M ISO200, f5.6 4" exposure. All pics manual mode. Exposure is about the same as the requested settings of "camera settings: full manual, ISO-100, Exposure-6 seconds, Aperture-F4.0 (ISO200 f5.6 equals ISO100 f4.0), but 6 sec exposure would really overexpose things, so 4 sec is 1/2 stop less.

X2 on low:

X2 on medium:

X2 on high:

That tree is 15m away. The small tree in the background is about 30m away (look closely).

·
Registered
919 Posts
Just got a few of these, is it best to fully charge the battery packs before use or make sure they are run out before charging?

·
Registered
32 Posts
On the field (SSCP7 vs Solarstorm X2 XM-L2)

Control

SSCP7 - Medium

SSCP7 - High

Solarstorm X2 XM-L2 - Low

Solarstorm X2 XM-L2 - Medium

Solarstorm XM-L2 - High (the difference between the "medium" and "high" is greater than is seen in the photos, but the light is so strong in "high" and the iphone automatically adjusts the luminosity photo :( )

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow that's frigging bright! ordered a pair of the xl-m2 ones from lightmalls yesterday, can't wait to ride with these puppies!! Makes my old mightycross 350 look like a incandescent flashlight.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't have "original" chinese, I just have mine zippy flightmax 8000 mAh, with one SS-X2 runs about 4.5 hours on high. The chinese batteries ale lottery - so can't tell how much can you get out of yours. I remember that mine Skyray 3 XML light ran about 20 minutes on high, so I decided to throw chinese bat away and bought li-po.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You guys should really get some good batteries with a good charger. MTB Revolution is the place to get them. When I'm riding the last thing I need to worry about my light going dim. It seems like your getting a great deal when buying the whole set, but your really wasting your money in my opinion !! I use the Gemini charger !!
The new Olympia 2100 light head is 144.00, Jim says it's a true 2100 lumens, we will see and it does use the XM-L2 u2 version as per Jim. "Sorry to talk about Gemini here"
Going out tonight with 2-x2's on bars and the x3 on helmet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have "original" chinese, I just have mine zippy flightmax 8000 mAh, with one SS-X2 runs about 4.5 hours on high. The chinese batteries ale lottery - so can't tell how much can you get out of yours. I remember that mine Skyray 3 XML light ran about 20 minutes on high, so I decided to throw chinese bat away and bought li-po.
Ok thanks.
I tell to the operator of livechat (lightmalls) be honest and tell me the max run time, he tell they don't cheat costumers and they test the batterys, run on high normaly more than 3h and on medium 4-5 hours...... but..... i hope is true

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well to be honest I don't think that can be true, if the light draws on high ~2A then the chinese cells have to be around 6 Ah or 6000 mAh - that will do some new samsung, panasonic and sanyo cells. Or the light might be less powerfull than 2A so you get longer runtime. Mine SS X2 the XM-L U2 one from lightmalls draws ~2A on high - bought light head only.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Ok thanks.
I tell to the operator of livechat (lightmalls) be honest and tell me the max run time, he tell they don't cheat costumers and they test the batterys, run on high normaly more than 3h and on medium 4-5 hours...... but..... i hope is true
If it lasts 90 minutes on high you consider yourself lucky. Look at it this way, to get more than 3 hours they would need 2 sets of batteries that sell for ~$15/set (panasonic 3400s). Really think that's happening?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have tested mine on full power at 1h 15 minutes on average. Medium power is about 2 h 45 minutes. I have not tried low power with the stock battery to be honest.

I got one of the 12,000mah batteries from Lightmalls and tested that on all settings. High power was about 3 hours. Medium power lasted about 7 hours and low power I turned it off after 25 hours. BUT and here is the key thing. The light malls battery does not cut off like the original one so it will run for longer with reduced light and the high power setting after about 2 1/2 hours is dimming to about the same level as medium power or a little less and at 3 hours it is the same as low power so I turned it of not wanting to over discharge the battery pack. BUT for how powerful the lights are I would say medium power is strong enough for most rides.

361 - 380 of 1285 Posts