Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to burn a Groupon at Sol Vista on Sunday and wanted to throw out an invite to the forum. I'll be there at open in my typical tie dyed style with the plan of riding until the lifts close.

Post up if you can make it.

·
Shread Ready
1,304 Posts
Yeah, the dirt was awesome yesterday but my day ended on my 2nd run. I over shot that crappy jump at the bottom. I think it was mogas mile. It's a little jump that lands on a hip berm. Apparently I hit it too fast and over shot the sucker and endo'd hard into rocks. I was pretty much out of it for about 10 minutes and didn't remember what happened for a few. I'm feeling ok today but a little beat up. Sucks because I was feeling dialed and the dirt was the best I've seen it this season. My first run down down Silky Johnson was super flow fun. Oh well, at least I didn't break anything. I personally think that jump needs to be re-designed.

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
Yeah, the dirt was awesome yesterday but my day ended on my 2nd run. I over shot that crappy jump at the bottom. I think it was mogas mile. It's a little jump that lands on a hip berm. Apparently I hit it too fast and over shot the sucker and endo'd hard into rocks. I was pretty much out of it for about 10 minutes and didn't remember what happened for a few. I'm feeling ok today but a little beat up. Sucks because I was feeling dialed and the dirt was the best I've seen it this season. My first run down down Silky Johnson was super flow fun. Oh well, at least I didn't break anything. I personally think that jump needs to be re-designed.
Ha small world, I was part of the group that found you knocked out on the trail.

Glad to hear your doing better.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sol Vista = good times!
No, Sol Vista = GREAT times! The traction was about the best I've seen it there (for the first couple runs at least), and like usual we never waited in line. I'm kinda bummed that it's my last time at the resorts this summer, but yesterday was a great way to end the season!

·
Shread Ready
1,304 Posts
Ha small world, I was part of the group that found you knocked out on the trail.

Glad to hear your doing better.
Yeah, that sucked. Thanks Dude. I'm not even sure how long I was out. I just remember you guys and was in a daze as I went and loaded my bike up. I started to recollect everything after I saw the med staff. How did you guys find me? I was at the bottom so I'm sure the lift ops saw me crash. I"m guessing I was out for a few seconds at least.

·
Shread Ready
1,304 Posts
good to hear you got home safely thrasher, me/jay/kristian were the group that showed up when you came to...so you didn't have any more significant concussion symptoms showing up then? I like your purple cranks :D
Thanks p_DubBs. Naw, I'm feeling pretty good today and even went to the gym even though I should probably be taking it easy. :p

I think that was my first bike related knock out. Either way, Happy that I'm doing good today and good looking out! :thumbsup: I like rocking the nurple purple RF cranks. :cool:

I'm guessing I was somewhat conscience when you guys found me but in a daze huh? I don't recall a whole lot until after I loaded my bike up.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,897 Posts
Yeah, that sucked. Thanks Dude. I'm not even sure how long I was out. I just remember you guys and was in a daze as I went and loaded my bike up. I started to recollect everything after I saw the med staff. How did you guys find me? I was at the bottom so I'm sure the lift ops saw me crash. I"m guessing I was out for a few seconds at least.
Glad you're doing ok! I saw you on the approach to those hip jumps, you weren't moving until I stopped to help.

kristian and Jaydude, good riding with you, that was a great day!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Still new to the whole downhill thing, but took this video on SJ on Saturday. Just hit the park with my Mach 5.7. One of these days I'll get a full on DH or FR bike. Had a blast though. CheezIt and Tron were really fun too, though definitely rough on a trail bike. :p

New to making videos, decided to try out a different PoV. The day started out like this:
Silky Johnson Fork Cam Sol Vista Bike Park - YouTube

Then we had some of this:
Sol Vista - Chasing Amanda - YouTube
It was crazy slick for awhile, but quite fun just trying not to slide off the trail. Female rippers rule! :thumbsup:

Then the sun came out and it was nice for a bit.

Then it got cold and rainy again and we left.

Glad you're OK Thrasher. There was a guy in a XC helmet riding there on Saturday that split his helmet in half and was put on a stretcher. He was carted out on an ambulance. Anyone have any info on him?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.