Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a basic, simple, userfriendly program that will edit my Vio-POV-1 avi files together with my Flip mino MP4 files without having to convert file types. I am looking at the Pinnacle software. Cany anyone advise me on this? I really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12 to edit my POV.1 video files. It can work with both MP4 and the POV.1's DivX AVI files. It is pretty simple to use, not as intuitive as Windows Movie Maker maybe (moving and trimming audio files on the soundtrack can be fiddly), but you have more effects and more export formats rather than just WMV. I don't know how it compares to Windows Movie Maker HD as I haven't used that. I'm not an expert with Pinnacle yet by any means but I'm getting the hang of it and think it's good but not great. It does have a couple of bugs, though. For example, after adding some transitions between a few raw POV.1 clips on the timeline, I tried to add a slow motion effect at one point but it applied the effect to a completely different part of the film. From reading the Pinnacle forums the solution was first to convert the POV.1 AVI files to WMV and then add those to the timeline. I was then able to use the slow motion effect but to have to do that is a complete joke. Despite that it is still very usable for putting videos together quickly.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
yup pinncacle 12 studio is what I've been usig.

doing some research on whether to apply the 12.1 "patch" so I can work with QT files, I stumbled acrossed a virus free (supposedly) vegas 9 pro and associated programs--also "liscense key and activation code" included.

from some guy on youtube demonstrating how to do somesuch.

anyway so far so good----wow, i like it a lot better than when I tried Liquid---yes it's a couple steep curves up from Pinnacle, but it does so much more, and looks better to boot.

i downloaded the trail of bluff titler as I can't seem to get my pinnacle flavor of borris fx to inetgrate without work arounds with studio 9 pro. i've used bluff titler before. i might even pay for it to get rid of the demo watermark--and i better not push it with freely provided software.

so far so good though. i've spent the better part of 2 days and an evening going through tutorials and just seeing what the program does---as long as no gremlins present themselves, i'll be retaining this one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ASR and FR. I picked up Pinnacle Studio 12 for 50 bucks. It does everything I want it to and is easy to use. I applied the slow motion effect successfully but it took a couple of tries. Anyway, I appreciate the good advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts