Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good shoftshell for biking as well as just wearing around. I was looking at some Columbia softshells. Any thoughts? I'm looking for some more heavy ones for colder weather.

·
2,989 Posts
I just got a Cutter Asymm Softshell Anorak from Huck n Roll on sale. I couldn't find any reviews of it online but it was cheap so I bought it( not my usual style to do that) It should be here on Tuesday. I can give a first impressions then and a write up on it after a week or so. Then maybe another one after a longer period.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just bought Gore Tool SO jacket, which has a fleece lining. According to a few threads here, it's supposed to be good in the cold. Unfortunately, it's gotten allot warmer her in Illinois, so I haven't been able to try it out. I also picked up Gore Phantom SO jacket, which has removable sleeves.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I would I agree, I'm in Chicago and it is warm. Though I'm planning on biking when I go home to NH in November. I have looked at Gore and while they are nice they are a little more than I want to spend. Around 100 to 130 would be my limit. Thanks though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm in the Chicago area as well. Performance Bike has the Gore Tool SO Jacket on sale for around $169. It's above your limit, but not a bad price. I've been considering of buying the jacket, but I was a little hesitant at $199. Just happened to stop by Performance Bike and saw the jacket was on sale. I just wanted to go in there just to try it on.

·
dude
407 Posts
I just got a Cutter Asymm Softshell Anorak from Huck n Roll on sale. I couldn't find any reviews of it online but it was cheap so I bought it( not my usual style to do that) It should be here on Tuesday. I can give a first impressions then and a write up on it after a week or so. Then maybe another one after a longer period.
I'm curious about that jacket myself - I got a pair of the knickerbockers and really like the build and fit. Posting to subscribe so let us know how that turns out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.