Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Sorry to read you're forced to give up cycling. I hope your fine bike will find an owner worthy of it.
Good luck!

J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cloxxki said:
Sorry to read you're forced to give up cycling. I hope your fine bike will find an owner worthy of it.
Good luck!

J
Wasnt really forced out, I layed off for a few months there because of my knee but it has since gotten better, just never started back. I just have too many other things going on in my life at this time, plus not to mention I was getting somewhat burned out, I have a somewhat short attention span and 6 or 7 years of doing the same thing day in and day out I get burned out, time for something different. But who knows, I may wake up tomorrow and decide I want to get back into racing...
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Ok, that's better news already. I'd say, if the bike doesn't sell for the price you want for it, and you can go without the cash, keep the bike ride-ready in the garage so the effort of preparing a a ride won't hold you back. Or, have friends keep an eye on used KM's, which are always great ride-ready bikes at a nice price.
Good luck with the sale and the rest of life!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cloxxki said:
Sorry to read you're forced to give up cycling. I hope your fine bike will find an owner worthy of it.
Good luck!

J
Cloxxki, do you think I am asking a fair price on it? I didnt really know what to ask, with the frame and rigid fork being freshly done I kinda expected to maybe get about what they would cost new for the entire bike and extra fork. I know my last Sofa King I sold I took a ripping on, but I think it was the radical red white and blue paint scheme that scared everybody off, or at least thats what people kept telling me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cloxxki said:
Ok, that's better news already. I'd say, if the bike doesn't sell for the price you want for it, and you can go without the cash, keep the bike ride-ready in the garage so the effort of preparing a a ride won't hold you back. Or, have friends keep an eye on used KM's, which are always great ride-ready bikes at a nice price.
Good luck with the sale and the rest of life!
Thanks, thats kind of my thoughts too, I wasnt even going to advertise it but I just keep seeing it hanging up and thinking man someone should be riding this thing.
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
I have no clue about semi-used prices, or custom bikes at all. Ask what's fair. If the geometry is pretty much standard, it's probably worth a bit more than a freakenstein custom. I agree, something like a Sofa King does deserve to be ridden on a regular basis and receive gratitude from it's rider. To sniff up the fresh air and enjoy the pleasures of MTB'ing, even an affordable second-hand stock *cough* 26" bike suffices. If you like the ride, but detest the bike, the next 29" project will follow shortly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
The Duuude, man...
Joined
·
3,537 Posts
ARmtnBIKER said:
I've still got the bike, had lots of intrest from people but no buyers yet. Check it out, very sweet bike!
Hey, Nathan here in Fayetteville.

I would recommend you part it out for faster sale and max value....if not for my recent excess in bike purchasing, I would buy it myself...

:)

N
 

·
giddy up!
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Good Luck....

Good Luck to you....you're definitely offering it for a great deal. If I didn't have soo many spare bikes I'd be all over it:) If you do decide to part it out, post the list here.....I know I'd be interested in a few items.

Great frame by the way. That's exactly how I have my frames built.....long TT lot's of standover, fair amount of post showing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
donkey said:
Good Luck to you....you're definitely offering it for a great deal. If I didn't have soo many spare bikes I'd be all over it:) If you do decide to part it out, post the list here.....I know I'd be interested in a few items.

Great frame by the way. That's exactly how I have my frames built.....long TT lot's of standover, fair amount of post showing.

thanks guys, ya I know I could part it out but man thats a lot of hassle having to box everything up and ship each part to somewhere else in the world. At the moment I think I will just stick with trying to sell it out right, but if it goes for a while then I might turn to parting it out. BTW Donkey, shoot me an email at [email protected] and let me know what parts you would be interested in and I will keep you in mind if I do decide to part it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sold the bike, but I sold it without the White Brothers fork, so I will now be posting it up for sale in the classifieds. But I have no clue how much to ask for it? Can anybody tell me what the going price is on the CX-1's? This one is brand new, been ridden 5 times.
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
You may want to have WB update internals to a more recent spec, the cost could be well worth it, the uppers and lowers are still about the same as 2004 models.
 

·
giddy up!
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Sweet...

...hopefully it's going to a place where it'll get ridden like crazy!

As for the fork, I know that the were on closeout from WB for 275, but the don't have anymore.

You might check on ebay and see how much they go for on there.

Or email NCJ01, I think he has sold his fair share of them.

Good Luck,

B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
donkey said:
...hopefully it's going to a place where it'll get ridden like crazy!

As for the fork, I know that the were on closeout from WB for 275, but the don't have anymore.

You might check on ebay and see how much they go for on there.

Or email NCJ01, I think he has sold his fair share of them.

Good Luck,

B
thanks guys, I bought this one on closeout and I couldnt remember what I paid, I was thinking it was $275. I may have it sold already, just happened that the same time I was posting that a friend of mine emailed me wanting to know if I would sell it. We'll see what happens. And yes Donkey I think the bikes going to a great home, talked to the new owner this morning on the phone, he seems to be a really nice guy and seems to be pretty passionate about bikes! Thanks, MTBR! Later, Jayson
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top