Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my LBS offer me a good deal on the new 2014 NS soda slope.I'm thinking of getting it as a do it all bike.The trail i ride is mostly natural, 70% climb,15% roots,10% steep down and 5% rock garden.i like a poppy,playful and agile bike. i'm hoping this 4inch bike will fit my riding. i did lot of googling but can't find any review on this bike. i really appreciate if you guys could advise and input some review.Thanks...!

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's a dirtjumper with rear suspension. I've only ridden one around a pump track. I still think you're looking for something else if you're looking to ride trails. Theres no gears. Now if you're into DJing then go for it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a dirtjumper with rear suspension. I've only ridden one around a pump track. I still think you're looking for something else if you're looking to ride trails. Theres no gears. Now if you're into DJing then go for it!
It come with hanger for rear D installation, having it gear is possible.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was checking out what tiger said and came across a thread on the all mountain section titled "My NS Soda Build". You should check it out! Looks like lots of people are riding Sodas on all mtn trails. Lots of positive reviews over there too.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
NO

that will be the worst pedaling bike you've ever ridden. It'll be awesome in jumps and incredible in corners...and it'll go squish squish every time you stand up and crank.

I owned an arrow dss3. Super fun bike in the right conditions, which is anything with a lift. Not fun on trails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I work for NS and tried every version of Soda "Slope" from first prototypes to latest 2014 production run. I dont recommend it for pedalling and especially climbing. Soda Slope it's an awesome suspension dirtjumping/slopestyle bike.

It is possible to run rear derailleur: s780_IMG_0092.jpg

However most guys run in singlespeed: p4pb7908510.jpg
p4pb10353143.jpg
p4pb10353136.jpg

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would definitely get one for dirt jumps, lift parks, and pump tracks, but not for trails, there are better bikes from ns for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts