Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am specing up my Socom for its alleged imminent arrival and have hit two areas where I can't decide :confused: . Can you guys make suggestions/recommendations please?

Stem choice

I have decided on Boxxer WCs and want to keep the front end as low as poss (specing a zero stack headset and min rise EA70 bar) and naturally as light as poss. I am looking at bolt on stems and would ideally like to go down this route, however someone suggested Thompson which certainly does fit the requirements as light and low rise. I am looking at those from e13, dangerbay, burgtec etc... Any experience/other suggestions?

Cranks

Looking at 3 options here: Saint, Truativ Holzfeller OCT (not available until end of feb/march in the UK) or Middleburn with an ISIS BB. Any experience/other suggestions?

Going for a 170 length with a 38T or 40T ring and a 12 - 27 cassette and would like to keep as light as poss.

Cheers
Chris:thumbsup:

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Middleburn! Loving mine... Haven't had any issues and I have a friend who has run them for much, much longer, on much, much bigger stuff without any problems as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.