Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Doing a road trip up to Bellingham, WA in Sept and will be passing through coastal CA and OR on the way. Any, not to miss, spots?

Anything in the Bellingham area?

Thanks!

·
meh....
3,588 Posts
g c said:
Hi all,

Doing a road trip up to Bellingham, WA in Sept and will be passing through coastal CA and OR on the way. Any, not to miss, spots?

Anything in the Bellingham area?

Thanks!
Bellingham riding sucks, I should know, I live here. How much time do you have here? What kind of riding do you like? Do you like bushwhacking/hike a bike/smoothies/shuttles? Inquiring minds want to know.

Monte

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Monte said:
Bellingham riding sucks, I should know, I live here. How much time do you have here? What kind of riding do you like? Do you like bushwhacking/hike a bike/smoothies/shuttles? Inquiring minds want to know.

Monte
Hiking a bike is fun. Pain is good. Bushwhacking is great. Infact, it all sounds like home and a usual Thursday night ride. No shuttles, unless they are truely epic....but then you should ride it in my mind.

How is that for a start?

I'll be bringing a Heckler so even light FR is good.

What'cha got, I'll be there for a few days staying with family in the Eldridge dist. I will buy at Boundary Bay for the right info and right rides. Old men (35 is my age) with a fondness of beer need only apply.

Did I mention Fiesta on Saturday night? Real Mexican food and real Mexican beer.....in the Eldridge area.

·
meh....
3,588 Posts
g c said:
Hiking a bike is fun. Pain is good. Bushwhacking is great. Infact, it all sounds like home and a usual Thursday night ride. No shuttles, unless they are truely epic....but then you should ride it in my mind.

How is that for a start?

What'cha got, I'll be there for a few days staying with family in the Eldridge dist. I will buy at Boundary Bay for the right info and right rides. Old men (35 is my age) with a fondness of beer need only apply.

Did I mention Fiesta on Saturday night? Real Mexican food and real Mexican beer.....in the Eldridge area.
I got the age thing covered. Sounds like you've been here before, did you ride?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Monte said:
I got the age thing covered. Sounds like you've been here before, did you ride?
I am up about twice a year and have hiked or ran a bunch of trails over by Chuckanut. This is the first trip with the bike and am driving up this time. So far I like what I see even though I've only seen a very little bit.

·
meh....
3,588 Posts
g c said:
Hiking a bike is fun.
Well, I do that all the time because I can't climb.

g c said:
Pain is good.
See above.

g c said:
Bushwhacking is great. Infact, it all sounds like home and a usual Thursday night ride.
Ah, but do you have Devils Club in SoCal? Me thinks not.

g c said:
No shuttles, unless they are truely epic....
Agreed. I still haven't seen a worthy shuttle yet.

g c said:
....but then you should ride it in my mind.
As much as my wife wants me to, I still can't read minds.

g c said:
How is that for a start?
"That'll do Pig."

g c said:
Riding my Truth (unless the 5 Spot I'm specing out now is here by then). But I've been known to ride it a little 'out of bounds'.

g c said:
As long as I've been living here I still don't know Galbraith real well, yet. That's our local trail spot. A good number of trails packed in a smallish area. We can just ride and ride and ride. I've heard of riders that have done 60 km (Canadians) in one day, so there are lots of trails to ride on Galbraith.

There are no 'epic' rides, really, around Bellingham. At least what I think is epic. Well, maybe just one, Canyon Ridge. That's where the Devil's Club is. Thing is, the singletrack is only 9 miles long, with another 15-16 miles of gravel road (the real shitty part is you have to climb back to the car). I suppose you could shuttle it. Nah, my buddy and I looped it the only time I've ridden it, I can't shuttle it after doing that.

g c said:
Hmmm. I'm not sure about that. I've already had 3 SN Pale Ale's and I can't really be expected to make decisions right now. Please.

Monte

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.