Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a team or something in oc? Or just a group of people who ride together? I was thinking it would be cool if there was a team type thing going i dunno just an idea what do you guys think?

·
Registered
255 Posts
LBguy said:
I saw a sticker that said "MountainBike Mafia" on the back of a truck at Fullerton one day. Maybe that's a team with some members here?
I never heard of that but I'm down to start one!!

Maybe just a group of guys or girls who ride every weekend....I'm totally for it!

Would be a awesome of meeting new riders and finding new trails.

Anyone else in the OC down for this??

Matt

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
KamikazeBikr said:
I never heard of that but I'm down to start one!!

Maybe just a group of guys or girls who ride every weekend....I'm totally for it!

Would be a awesome of meeting new riders and finding new trails.

Anyone else in the OC down for this??

Matt
I'm just a few miles out of the O.C. but I'll ride with you guys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Count me in

I'm in Yorba Linda.

A couple friends and I ride the Fullerton loop Saturday mornings around 7:30 am.
I ride Chino Hills during the week at lunch time (usually around 12-13 miles).

I'd love to be able to hook up with a group and try new trails.

David

·
I've got a Stiffee
913 Posts
I'd be up for it but I work on Saturdays :( I usually ride Sunday mornings with Bdee. I'll say this about El Moro.....I rode there about a week and a half ago and the conditions are terrible on the singletrack....very sandy and loose. On top of that they are charging $10 for parking now which is ludicrous (but avoidable with some "recycling"). If you head over into Laguna Coast Wilderness park adjacent to El Moro you can make a fun little side loop to ad a good downhill singletrack (Old Emerald)....but then you have a mile long uphill climb to get back into El Moro. If you know where the good singletrack is around there then El Moro is ok, but Aliso/Wood Canyon is far better.

If any of you guys want to hook up for a Sunday morning ride sometime let me know.

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
FXRob said:
I'd be up for it but I work on Saturdays :( I usually ride Sunday mornings with Bdee. I'll say this about El Moro.....I rode there about a week and a half ago and the conditions are terrible on the singletrack....very sandy and loose. On top of that they are charging $10 for parking now which is ludicrous (but avoidable with some "recycling"). If you head over into Laguna Coast Wilderness park adjacent to El Moro you can make a fun little side loop to ad a good downhill singletrack (Old Emerald)....but then you have a mile long uphill climb to get back into El Moro. If you know where the good singletrack is around there then El Moro is ok, but Aliso/Wood Canyon is far better.

If any of you guys want to hook up for a Sunday morning ride sometime let me know.
I can make it most Saturdays, but this Saturday I have to work. Maybe someone could make up an email list and notify us of planned rides.

·
_
850 Posts
I"m down for this, i live in Long Beach, belmont shore area, so I'm close to "the OC". Anyhow, I would have to say that I wouldn't be down for Fullerton Loop, I'd rather ride elsewhere, for me, its not worth the drive.

Like FXrob said, El Moro is pretty haggard right now, and it is mainly fireroad with some pretty cool singletracks that are a little more less known. I work in Newport, so, tonight after work i am going to hit el moro around 6:15 or so.

As far as the weekends go, FXrob and I usually ride sunday mornings, I'm down for a saturday morning ride this week though. I'll email "aztec" and get in on this group ride. My vote would have to be for Aliso/Woods over El Moro for this saturday's ride.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
aztec said:
I was wondering if there is a team or something in oc? Or just a group of people who ride together? I was thinking it would be cool if there was a team type thing going i dunno just an idea what do you guys think?
Radless Ride Announcement #1725

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The place to ride is Aliso Woods Canyon
Date: 8/13/2004 at 5:45:00 PM

Ride Statistics and Information:

Club or Sponsor: Radless
Ride Type: Mountain
Ride will take approximately some unspecified number of hours, probably between 2 and 3 hours to complete.
We are expecting to ride about some unspecified number miles.
The possible elevation gain wiil be some unspecified vertical elevation, probably between 500 and 1,500.
Ride Details:
Is that good or bad when the FRED ride lands on Friday the 13th? Come see how we do it! Meet in the main parking lot Party out to Lynx Stamp on those pedals back to the cars Get yo grubbin' on at Wahoo's Thanks to everyone who dressed up last week. It was a great crowd and I think we've recruited some new victims.

To sign up for this ride, visit the link below and log in with your user name and password at http://www.radless.com/cycling

Thank you,
The Peoples Central Ride Planning Committee and Directorate

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Actually...

...that radless ride could be a waste.

I think most of the regulars are going to be at the 12 hour in big bear. I would probably wait until the next friday..the 20th. There definitely won't be any BOB trailers this friday night, so food and drinks will be lacking in a big way.

But, come on out friday the 20th, 5:45 ride time. Bring food and drink.

Brian

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.